Alex and Hannahs bushblock shinanigans. Look at my deck..

yoeddynz

Picked up some of the machined Rimu tonight. Looks lush.. a bit of borer but that just makes it lighter and easier to handle.

20140403_175236_zps876114fa.jpg

Tonight I removed the windows from the frames of the two windows we have so far. Found a good way to remove the paint off the hinges was to burn it with a pencil torch. The stuff in the screw slots softens and can be picked out easier.

20140403_185210_zps677b1b64.jpg

Windows now ready for a spot of sanding and painting. 

20140403_191255_zps518c52e2.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coolio! I was rang by the machinists yesterday and told the flooring was ready for pick up. Sweet- we can start laying it down today. It looks soooo nice. The fella reckons some of it is Miro. This is good. I like Miro. Very nice timber with lovely range of colours including apricot hues.

I also picked up some aircell insulation/membrane for the floor and mitre 10 in Nelson are clearing out silver foil building paper. was $300 and I got an 80m roll for $75.  That is a saving of 56.25 standard cappacinos.

Here is the flooring we quickly spread out last night as it was going dark..

20140404_191048-1_zpsf660c1d5.jpg

20140404_191143_zps95b9d825.jpg

20140404_191209_zps34ca9bfd.jpg

• Like 4

one question... what happens if you get a flat tire? i'm sure you have already thought of this.

Looks really nice though man! can't wait to see the result. 

This is a lot bigger than your but it has like a full on kitchen and stuff lol!

http://inhabitat.com/stylish-tiny-home-boasts-off-grid-luxury-living-on-wheels/andrew-gabriella-morrison-tiny-home-9/?extend=1

one question... what happens if you get a flat tire? i'm sure you have already thought of this.

Oh the Rimu was just plonked down last night to see how much we had and get some photos. It will be like normal trailers/caravans with open wheel arches for easy wheel removal.

I could however add some walnut veneer wheel spats for added improved aerodynamics....

So far this morning we have not yet screwed any floorboards down. Coffee time right now. I have had to make two seperate trips across town to Blacks fastners for drill bits and drivers. Snapped two drivers before I realised the screws were phillips, not posi.

Oh- and dont use Irwin driver bits. They is shite.

On brighter note I got to race across town in the Viva - first time driven since the nats. It feels sooooooo fast since driving either the 2L powered van or the 1.6 carb'd racing sentra.   I love my Viva- its ace :-)

This is a lot bigger than your but it has like a full on kitchen and stuff lol!

http://inhabitat.com/stylish-tiny-home-boasts-off-grid-luxury-living-on-wheels/andrew-gabriella-morrison-tiny-home-9/?extend=1

Yeah that is sweet. Video of it a couple pages back? I like the style but shit..$33k!!! ouch.  I really like the amount of light and the upstairs room. Maybe once we have settled in on the land and have the housetruck parked up there we could extend the cabin and add a pop out. I just cant wait till hopefully tomorrow we will have the sides up and rafters up so we can get that feeling of what we have to fill up.

They have the same Sunmar composting toilet we bought yonks ago. Good toilets... that said we are just using the good 'ol long drop that was already on our land..added smell and sense of achievement....

Yeah pretty much. Soak pits etc. Composting toilet in the future once settled in. Proper stainless holding tank stylee and make a nice job of it. The sunmar one we have is designed for daily use by two people. We want something that can handle a few people. Worse thing for them is too much piss but get the design right with good ventilation and your sorted.

We finished the floor. Just- was completely dark and working by security light. Just had enough Rimu! Like seriously only have a few one foot offcuts left over. Must be my amazing ability to pull just the right amount of timber from a pile.... 

Anyway- here is the aircell insulation/dampproof membrane we put down first..

20140405_132311_zps14940a25.jpg

The finished floor..

20140405_194342_zps49ff9416.jpg

[/url]

Spent an hour high up a hillside just 1km down the road this arvo chatting to a really friendly young couple who bought a bush block we were looking at ages back. It was too spendy for us at the time and not enough sun. Shit they have done heaps of work!  Really choice meeting them- they are both on exactly the same wavelength and its really cool seeing how they have done things especially how he has managed to locate a hidden spring and build a really neat solution to collect the water.

Big problem with David Bellemys beard on their land. That shit is terrible and they have a heap of work to get rid of it. Glad we don't have any on our pad!

What amazing views from their land..

20140405_163203_zps560e07f0.jpg

Tomorrow its walls time..and hopefully rafters :-)

• Like 6

I know, inspirational. 

Those teardrops look to be fairly straight forward to construct, especially if you lose the rear "kitchen/storage" thing which I would have to leave off simply due to needing the length for me legs haha 

I'm thinking of one that can slip onto trailer for camping duties and then off for regular trailering work... just depends how light you could make it.

Know what you mean. Next trailer thing I want to build is simple small useful cartage thing that can have a little camper attachment lifted onto by two people. Light enough to tow easily by small car. Yeah must be long..hate short beds.

• Like 2