Alex and Hannahs bushblock shinanigans. Look at my deck..

yoeddynz

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent looked into many of these tiny house trailers etc, but are there 2 distinct camps? 1 that moves around lots and 1 that doesnt? and are their mobile homes vastly different? as in do the ones that move lots build things in such a way that stuff wont fall off the shelves when moving vs people that have to pack away a lot of things before they can hit the road?

How would you build shelving to stop your die cast car collection from rolling off it when you move site? Is there a trick or is everything hot glued down as much as possible?

I havent looked into many of these tiny house trailers etc, but are there 2 distinct camps? 1 that moves around lots and 1 that doesnt? and are their mobile homes vastly different? as in do the ones that move lots build things in such a way that stuff wont fall off the shelves when moving vs people that have to pack away a lot of things before they can hit the road?

How would you build shelving to stop your die cast car collection from rolling off it when you move site? Is there a trick or is everything hot glued down as much as possible?

Velcro is your friend for those sorts of things

How would you build shelving to stop your die cast car collection from rolling off it when you move site?

My current die cast car collection...

20140327_202132_zpsc86e99ef.jpg

Because its a 60's Vauxhall it pretty much sticks to the bench top like a lotus and handles whatever the truck can throw at it..

• Like 6

i think i shared this with you a while ago but seems a bit fitting with this build its long but has some cool small builds to stay in incase you want to skip to it starts with one you can tow with your bike at around 12mins in but basicly everything he does is cool

• Like 1

When we stayed here:

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Lighthouse+Pointe+Resort/@38.930607,-123.70921,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xec9026cf3a4a8db5

The rooms were basically tiny houses. It was super nice. I'll try and find a picture of the floorplan or something. Also, that's where the new Need for Speed movie finishes, just sayin'.

you're cranking Alex! was choice to see your land at nats by the way. eagerly awaiting an excuse (some form of roof i guess?) to bust up for some gumboot and a macaroon.

Yeah man! Strong coffee in the morning, inhale nature and brain storming to the sound of Tuis and Bellbirds (and cheerios ragging past in his bimmer). You welcome anytime.

Come Tuesday 12 sheets of orangutan wood will arrive. Hopefully btw we will have screwed some poplar down for a floor.. if all goes well Monday morning sorting through a heap of it at the sawmill.

Going to use this under the floor. My brother has used it in his house and I have faith in Kingspan products having used them in various vans/truck in the UK (when I was a bike shop monkey van dweller)

http://www.kingspaninsulation.co.nz/Products/Kingspan-Air-Cell.aspx

edit : just been looking up aircell prices and info and it looks like this originally an aussie product.  Also forgot to mention its what i used in my viva for the tunnel and firewall. Certainly works well in viva stopping heat soak and also good noise suppression as well.

Yeah that is sweet. I like the multi levels and the amount of light. Lush views of the sea.

On Saturday we went back to the block and cleared more gorse/blackberry so creating a really big area to park the trailer. The housetruck would park there easily now.

20140329_162106_zps6fcc716a.jpg

My Brother Duncan came out to help on Sunday. One of his first jobs was moving this tree fern that was right in the way and would have been squashed. Its now next to some little Kanukas.

20140330_092541-001_zpse617ddcc.jpg

With clearing we also discovered that the previously overgrown drive way up to that level is really wide and a good easy gradient.

My legs are even more covered in massive blackberry scratches. I have also killed the second 3.5 hp lawnmower we have taken there in as many weeks..

We have discovered that the second  large pile of what we were told was mainly pine milled off the land with a bit of Rimu is actually all Rimu. Heaps of it and well stacked/seasoned. So we moved it into the corner and picked out enough to do our cabin floor with. We also picked out some 4x2 Rimu for the rafters and door frame.

When clearing the the blackberry that had grown over the canvas covering the Rimu pile Hannah discovered this little beauty...

20140329_141842_zps0c988461.jpg

20140329_141819_zps3e53ce36.jpg

It is without a doubt the largest spider I have ever seen in NZ. Huuuuge. Beautiful! But what kind? Huntsman is what I am guessing?

I like spiders but if the bad boy dropped on me by surprise I would definitely do a little poo.

We loaded the van up inside and out with all our gear and the Rimu. Heavy! Poor van but what a sweet old workhorse it has been over the last few years...

20140330_192105_zps56bbdf11.jpg

20140330_192255_zps0f457fdc.jpg

Back to Nelson for Monday and we took our picked out Rimu to the machinists to get it machined into t&g flooring.

20140331_114637_zps3a6416c1.jpg

They will face the other pieces for the door etc.

While we were there we picked up our 12 sheets of Keruing ply that had arrived. Hopefully the flooring will be ready for the weekend and we can start assembling on Saturday!

Because we weren't expecting to take any timber back to nelson I didnt have any tie downs. Only decent thing we could find was a long length of house electrical flex that was attached to an oldschool fan unit we found in the bush :-)

• Like 1