Alex and Hannahs bushblock shinanigans. Look at my deck..

yoeddynz

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah @cletus there are a few trees that i might attack with an Alaskan mill but most of the trees are in a prick of a location, really seriously fucking big, messy and would just cause far too much damage to the native bush surrounding them.

Its just so much work and effort when I'd rather do other things. But some planks from smaller trees in easy to get spots could be neat although like barts pointed out not that durable untreated. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Thphantum said:

Mac will still rot over time if untreated

Well so will anything really

What's the plan with the big pines Alex? They are still going to come down and squash the bush if you don't cut them. Knock one out every 5 years?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tumeke said:

Pls built PTO powered log-splitter / convener / wood-heated claw-foot bath and live happily ever after.

Fuck I already have two wood fired claw foot baths.

And funnily enough me and the neighbor were discussing plans for a pto driven wood splitter the other day. It may come to nothing as we agreed he will need to buy the hydraulics.

OS winner/fail

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tortron said:

Well so will anything really

What's the plan with the big pines Alex? They are still going to come down and squash the bush if you don't cut them. Knock one out every 5 years?

Biggest ones will all be poisoned and what we've done already are falling apart. Already heaps more light and little natives springing up all over the place as the last ever round of pine needles rots away. 

Its magical and every tree i see dead is  a whole lot of time i can put towards more important things..like building cabins and a replica toyota TS020 for doing the shopping in. 

• Like 7

Just now, Valiant said:

Sawmills.

Detroits. 

You need something like this Alex.

Fuck, just had a great idea for a saw Mill engine Dyno.. Make lots of loud noises/tune your engine and mill timber at the same time, total win. 

• Like 4