Alex and Hannahs bushblock shinanigans. Look at my deck..

yoeddynz

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers man.

We always turn the gas off immediately after finished using it so I think it safe enough. But I do need to do a drop out hole below the bottle in case of a leak (although there shouldn't be a leak if the bottle is turned off...) 

Yeah i went searching through the piles of wood offcuts for something nice. Hannah cant stand the screws I have used to hold the lamps in place though.. but I couldnt find any black screws. I think she is being fussy....

cheers alex. are you coming to hanmer? I can meet you there for a screw...

No, wont be coming to hamner

way too poor for the foreseeable future. dont even have the money to get volvo road legal as "reliable modern daily" is costing big money as of late (Just ran bearings in engine a while ago so had to fit new second hand engine and now the gearbox is shitting out as well) Stupid modern cars

No, wont be coming to hamner

way too poor for the foreseeable future. dont even have the money to get volvo road legal as "reliable modern daily" is costing big money as of late (Just ran bearings in engine a while ago so had to fit new second hand engine and now the gearbox is shitting out as well) Stupid Swedish cars. So I am going to sell it, along with my fluffy white dog and buy a Morris 1100. What could possibly go wrong with something English?

My thoughts exactly. Great idea on a Morris!

• 2 weeks later...

So a quick update. (turning into a gardening thread....)

Spent more time clearing out that last big bit of gorse. Its now a lovely big area that we might just have to put a picnic bench and small shelter on. Then could rent it out to cycle tourists etc in summer :-) I went into the bush and cleared back all the manky scrub that was hiding the ferns. Its a sweet job as the difference is amazing.

20140818_090535.jpg

20140818_090941.jpg

We also cleared more gorse and sycamore/hawthorn trees from along the roadside of the drive. This weekend we will continue along there and clear out as much as possible.  Its looking heaps better without the sycamores as they are tall skinny ugly leafless trees. Really glad to get the hawthorns gone from near the gate as so bloody prickly and nasty.

20140818_115232.jpg

• Like 5

gas bottle next to switches made me nervous though?

Yeah please improve this a bit, mentioned purely for your own safety. No second chances if something did go wrong. I had developed a nervous twitch after seeing the gas cylinder in the shower, but the kitchen setup gave me a full on seizure. Bang the cylinder outside and bubble test connections every so often.

Other that that, loving your work. Reminds me of when my grandparents purchased a block of land (north of the road on this link)with a run down house. It started in much the same way, all gorse / blackberry. They transformed it into an amazing place. I can see you guys are doing the same thing, so much respect for the hard work you're putting in and the great results!

• Like 1

What do you do with all your clearing rubbish? Bonfire?

Big bonfires. Much fun and warmth. Discovered that the new burning area is a neat little 'sitting around the fire' amphitheatre. Will have to make a sweet decking/seating arrangement there.

Bling- fear not. We never ever leave the gas bottle on. It's turned off straight away- a habit we have long been into.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Will get a photo or two but basically shed is going on that big pad that the Cabin is parked up on. The front wall of the cabin is pretty much where the front of the shed. The pad has been there like that for over 40 years with no a hint of subsidence.

Just got back to nelson now after another good weekend of filling our knuckles with thorns. I was cutting down a massive hawthorn trunk that fell and just landed on my foot putting a thorn through the thick leather boot and into the side of my foot. Had to get hannah to get pliers- the fucker was stuck solid in the leather and 10 mm into my foot.

• Like 2

That whorethorn is an absolute festering cunt of a plant.

There used to be one at my dad's old place. Used to be........

He took great pleasure in giving it a number zero with a saw.  It wasn't even somewhere we would walk often,  but it still used to gore me from time to time.

Will get a photo or two but basically shed is going on that big pad that the Cabin is parked up on. The front wall of the cabin is pretty much where the front of the shed. The pad has been there like that for over 40 years with no a hint of subsidence.

Draw aerial map of land please. I would like it to be to 1:100 scale and include cups of tea and Kevin.  :D

• Like 2