Alex and Hannahs bushblock shinanigans. Look at my deck..

yoeddynz

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the roof is really lightweight. Only 8 short bits of iron plus two of plastic. Used 50x50 h4 for all the veranda framework bolted together where needed. Ended up not attaching it to the cabin so it can stand alone. Remove the roofing and four people will easily move it complete.

Gonna be so choice next time it rains hard. Glad to have a place to hang wet jackets, get changed out of muddy gear etc.

sweet cheers. sort of running out of cabin stuff to update on i guess until we fit it out with sink, cupboards etc. but happy to keep updates coming as we clear and work the land. certainly very much looking forward to putting up photos when we start building our workshop no matter how big it ends up. hopefully by summer we can have a teeny tiny os mini meet.

question time;  has anyone here had a meter box relocated? If you look in the above photos you can see its currently right next to the power pole- mounted on a seperate old bit of wood. i need to check but i think the cable just runs down off the power pole and then back up into the meter box. we will need it moved at some point up the bank and onto the outside of workshop once built.  Do they just extend the cables with power company spec chocolate blocks? hows its done and what costs involved?

They will either replace the cable or join the cable with crimp links/heatshrink. Dunno about costs, depends how much more cable you need and if you dig the trench or not (if you dig it ask them how deep they want it, there is a regulation for it)

Oh cool. Yeah would be happy to do that. Would have to paint meter board box camo style as its bloody ugly. Going to paint the power pole sometime in future too. Just paint up high enough to help it blend in. Or sticker bomb it... hks, k&n, trust, hello kitty. All the usual shopping list stylee stuff the kids put on their hondarus these days. Max power.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...