2jz-ge swap cooling requirements

jtc3d

Hey all,

I'm doing a 2jz-ge swap into an MS65 crown and am currently sourcing a radiator. I can go to a wreckers for a modern one and fab it into the engine bay, but the origional has a sweet fitment in the front bumper. So I was thinking with a cooling fan added would the origional be enough to cool the new engine? I'm googling this as well, but since this is such a great crown community, someone might have already tackled this problem.

Cheers boys and girls.

• Like 1

Hey man

I'm running a factory crown radiator on my MS110 crown with 2jz swap.

works sweet as, had it all cleaned out and checked with a 16 inch thermo fan on the front,

Only thing I havn't done is wire up a thermo switch for the fan, given the factory 2jz loom didnt accommodate for this, so its on all the time, worst thing ever, car sounds like a vacuum cleaner but yeah man, will be sweet

• Like 1

Ah, you guys rock!

This --><-- close to a "buy now" on Trade Me. The origional's core is in good condition too. Plus it has an oil cooler built it for the auto tranny (yes, it's an auto). Thanks guys! More questions to come, and maybe I'll get the time to start a thread and show you all whats going on.

Whats the overall size of it?

I'll hunt down the dimensions. I'm in Welly and it's up in the Coromandel. I have to fly up for a week at a time to work on it. Not ideal for answering quick questions at all. :-D