Sams 85 of long time build

NicT

Good luck with the Cert man. I reckon if that guy wont Cert it then take it elsewhere, I have seen many AE86/85 with Cert that have not had brake lines moved so it has to be his opinion.

Im looking forward to meeting up when my one is going and getting some dual skid action going haha.

Shit yeah. Was gonna suggest I could drive down to you for a shakedown cruise once it's legal and check yours out. Then i realised that you're actually a total stranger and that might be viewed as quite forward  :-)

Yeah.. it'd be tempting to go to someone else, but I really can't afford another test. Student lyfe yo. I can't afford to re route the lines either though.

• 1 month later...

Fucking car. It's thrown out all it's redline shockproof through the pinion seal in the diff. 

Also has a new running problem. Runs sweet as for a few minutes, then starts cutting out and backfiring under load but still idles sweet as. Turn the car off and turn it straight back on and get another few minutes out of it. Under no load but 4000ish rpm it drops itself back a few hundred rpm and starts hunting like a bad idle. Couldn't test drive due to no diff oil. 

Additionally, the right headlight has stopped popping up.

The only good news is that I got onto the rear edge of the front passengers guard with multigrips and bent it out of the way of the door. Take that.

• 6 months later...