Duds' 2002 bee em double ewe

How far back would you be shoving the m20 in man?
2002's are so damn sweet to drive when lightweight, just concerned having that beast over the front axle would ruin the balance somewhat.

You know your shit so I'm sure it'll be cash either way.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I wouldn't say I know my shit, but I know my research!

It shouldn't have to go too far back at all.. People have put m20s in without touching the firewall. However they've had to cut the nose/radiator assembly up to bring the radiator forward.. Which I'm not too keen to do.

But yeah, m20s weigh roughly 40 or 50kgs more than the original m10s they came with so weight shouldn't be too much of a problem.. I hope. Nothing a set of new springs or coil overs can't fix!

• Like 1

nah m8 4cyl.

F20c - theres kits for 2002s so it must be great.

or K24.

Also, the m20s out of the e30s run the speedo drive off the diff, but E21s and 2002s run speedo off the gearbox, so you'd want an e21 gearbag unless you'd be running a link or megasquirt or whatever.

If you're gonna smash it up to put a bmw 6 you might as well put a 3.5 M30 in there/way heavier? Prolly.

• Like 2

If money/kidneys/arms/legs wern't a problem then S14 or M12 would be my ultimate preference. I know exactly where to get em too..

DUk8DNr.jpg

At only 27,500 euros, that's the cheaper of three engines on that site.

SO TEMPTING

Another reason I'm keen on the M20 2.5 is that performance parts and spares look like they're easy to come by. Anything from stroker kits to bolt on turbs packages etc. Pretty keen on keeping it N/A to begin with.. Possibly with ITB and a link to keep that shit in check. Same with M42/44s I guess

I'll just get all the engines. Problem solved