Duds' 2002 bee em double ewe

I vote factory front with no airdam, de-bumpered, and pig cheek flares... oh man;

The first thought I had was to give it flares and the works like them ones in the photies you posted.. but the guards are still in really good nick! Seems a shame to chop em up. I might leave em as is for now and possibly get some down the track when I have more time/money to add them.

I'm thinkin of making it look similar to this in terms of airdam + bumper and with a nice set of watanebes/superlites:

2002IEfrontbumperwithgrill.jpg

I saw a shot of a 2002 like the one above that had the airdam with bumper but didn't have the rubber mount things and spotlights. Looked real clean.

I vote stick with a BMW fourbanger. Cammed and on ITBs or something wild!

M44 is sweet too man, and easier found in good nick than it's older sibling. Just swap the sump and oil pick ups if need be.

Hells yeah that sounding real neat. Can't wait till I can look at engines knowing I can buy! Ahh well.

Dry ice works lush, at least it has on old Alfa sound deadener and on Mazda Lantis sound deadener so far.

Put dry ice in large bag, sit bag on top of area to remove sound deadener. After some time (5 mins or so) thwack with a hammer and the shit just breaks up and lifts off the floor.

Clean residue with prepsol or turps, job is done.

Thanks Richo! Might give this a crack this weekend

• Like 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you're still playing around with this thing, keep at it young man, keep at it/open a secret account and start hiding money for engine transplant, don't let Cazz see this post.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaah NOPE. 

If mazda then why not rotor? There was a bad as black one of these kicking around the north shore in the mid 90's with a12a in it. Used to really upset old people.

Seriously though I have always wanted one of these and love them long time.

Must of been a conversion i did. Back in 1994 i put a 12A turbo into a 1602 BMW it was a red one. Later we changed it to a 4 barrel and lost the turbo due to never getting it to run right. 

After it was sold it changed many hands.

I saw it again a few years later, had an automatic fitted to it and was being driven by a disabled guy who had it set up with hand controls.

Apparently he loved the car and rotaries. So it was perfect. Just had to change it to an auto though.

I haven't seen it for nearly 20 years now.

• Like 1

I'd like to imagine that there wouldn't be too many 2002s out there with mazda engines.. So maybe this is the same one?! If this had a 12a turbo in it, I woulda at least got it going again and had a hoon with some laughs.

Any idea what a 2ltr mazda engine's worth?

• 3 months later...

I think it's a terrible idea.

Well, it does look cool in those pictures posted...

But there are so many awkward nooks and crannies, even if you're just trying to do a shit job painting the inside of a car is a terrible job to do.

Especially for the areas under the underseal, where you have to get it perfectly clean before paint prep.

Thats like 80 hours work just for that haha.

Seems like a good way to bust your own balls when throwing down some carpet will look IMO better take 1000th of the time.

Most of the time cars just end up looking ghetto without carpet on the floor.

It's a shitter of a task to finish, if you end up losing motivation 20 hours in.

• Like 1

Carpet is easy to get and not too spendy. So will take your guys lush wisdom into account and ponder further. 

Most of the time cars just end up looking ghetto without carpet on the floor.

Ahh that reminds me.. An old mate had an 808 made to look like an rx3 with bare floors. They looked choooice when he got it back, but they did indeed look ghetto after a few months of fat laps at the mount etc. Although the floors were unmolested bare floors and not smoothed off or anything. 

I think I'll concentrate on fixing the sills and shit before worrying about the floor. Cheers