matteybeans 1978 rt104 corona

Matteybean

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't need reverse lamps for WOF ?? Bonus ! Although reversing in the dark out on a farm with no lighting sucks will def be hooking em up !! Had to keep my foot on brake to give me some lighting haha

Ahh wing mirrors yeah I'm not 100% sure on that one I no I'm gna need a high brake light in rear window but wanna get a small compact led one not those big hidious black boxes you can buy :(

Going for a wheel alignment straight after work . will hook up windscreen sprayer setup tonight n hopefully change over to my electric ignition n get that working.

Looking at going for wof mid to late week see what it fails for if anything..

Maybe little things but I've replaced everything so won't be a biggie.

Photos dont do car justice got to see it in person.

Classic car insurance ! Which companies have you guys,found good to deal with n which should I stay away from ?

Will have to be somewhere with agreed value n looking at 12-14k insured

Cheers

Don't need reverse lamps but as you say. Definitely handy.

I've passed warrants without side mirrors on my '73 but can't say whether I should have or not. Had the rear view though.

You don't need a high-stop unless your vehicle was first registered in NZ after 1990. (IIRC, might pay to look it up to check)

Windscreen washers only have to work if they're there. So if you remove the bottle and pipes, it doesn't have to work. However, if you have the bottle and pipes and the bottle is empty, you fail. Go figure.

WoF has some lol requirements.

• Like 1

Yeah I got a rear view mirror just no side mirrors will def try it on .

My bottles n all are completely removed so shouldn't need that as well lol but will be something I'd look to connect (I have everything so why not)

Sorry you mean I Need one if registered before 1990 ? Or after ?

Mines nz assembled/new so first registered back in 1978 :P

Mandatory and permitted equipment

1. A class MA vehicle first registered in New Zealand on or after 1 January 1990 is not fitted with one high-mounted stop lamp.

2. A vehicle is fitted with more than two high-mounted stop lamps.

3. A lamp is not fitted in a central high-mounted position.

4. A lamp fitted to a group M or N vehicle, except one that does not have a rear window, or that does not have a rear window visible from the rear, has an illuminated surface that is lower than 150mm below the bottom edge of the rear window.

5. A vehicle (eg a vintage or veteran vehicle) does not meet standard stop lamp requirements, and:

a) does not have a valid vehicle identity card with a lighting equipment endorsement, or

B) does not meet the conditions of the lighting equipment endorsement in its vehicle identity card.

Condition

6. A lamp is insecure.

7. A mandatory lamp (Note 2) is obscured, or contains moisture in the form of large droplets, runs or puddles.

8. A lens is missing, or has a hole, crack or other damage that allows moisture or dirt to enter.

9. A reflector is damaged or has deteriorated so that light output is reduced.

Performance

10. When the service brake is activated:

a) a mandatory (Note 2) lamp does not operate, or

B) a lamp does not remain steadily illuminated.

11. A lamp operates when the service brake is not activated.

12. A lamp emits a light that is not:

a) substantially red, or

B) diffuse, or

c) projected to the rear, or

d) bright enough to be visible from 100m in normal daylight, eg due to modification, deterioration, dirt or an incorrect light source

13. Where a lamp comprises an array of light sources (eg LEDs), fewer than 75% of these operate.

Note 1 Definitions

High-mounted stop lamp means a stop lamp that is designed to be fitted in a central, high-mounted position at the rear of a vehicle.

Stop lamp means a lamp that is designed to operate when the service brake is activated.

Note 2

Mandatory lamp – the vehicle must have one high-mounted stop lamp that meets the equipment, condition and performance requirements. Any other high-mounted stop lamp is a permitted lamp. The permitted lamp is not required to operate, but if it does operate, it must meet the equipment, condition and performance requirements, although it may be obscured.

Note 3

A vehicle originally manufactured with a high-mounted stop lamp arrangement that differs from what is required or permitted in this section may retain the original high-mounted stop lamps provided they remain fitted in their original position and perform as intended by the vehicle manufacturer.

Cut n paste off website guess means I dont need

Yeah I got a rear view mirror just no side mirrors will def try it on .

My bottles n all are completely removed so shouldn't need that as well lol but will be something I'd look to connect (I have everything so why not)

Sorry you mean I Need one if registered before 1990 ? Or after ?

Mines nz assembled/new so first registered back in 1978 :P

After. So yours should be fine for not needing one.

I've had to put one in an MA61 and one in an R30, but it depends who does the warrant because I pulled it straight off the 30 again and have never had to put one back on through 2-3 more checks.

• Like 1

Don't need reverse lamps but as you say. Definitely handy.

I've passed warrants without side mirrors on my '73 but can't say whether I should have or not. Had the rear view though.

You don't need a high-stop unless your vehicle was first registered in NZ after 1990. (IIRC, might pay to look it up to check)

Windscreen washers only have to work if they're there. So if you remove the bottle and pipes, it doesn't have to work. However, if you have the bottle and pipes and the bottle is empty, you fail. Go figure.

WoF has some lol requirements.

I just checked the nzta website and under washer system it has this

Windscreen wash system

7. A wash system component is missing or insecure.

8. The wash operating device is missing

So does that mean I'll have to hook that up as well ? Going for WOF this arvo

Interesting, I wonder if that's changed recently as my old WoF guy used to just tell me that what I said above. My old R30 and wagon passed under the same thing as well.. No bottles/lines/jets mean no washer system.

I'd just not have anything there and try your luck at worst you have to install it which you will want to do anyway, I would assume.

• Like 1

Failed WOF

Well I didn't go for a WOF it failed 3x at diff shops they were saying exhaust too loud but its not really .. And wanted cert for exhaust and lowering .

Since when did u need that for WOF ?

I've got brand new straight like for like shocks lowering springs in front n cold pressed leafs in rear ... Hmmm might be cert time now

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...