What's the most effective stop smoke magic in a bottle?

RUNAMUCK

This week I took leave of my sences, and bought a fucking mitsubishi. It was cheap, not running, and seemed to have low kms.

Got it running tonight, and guess what? It blows blue. It had 90,000kms put on it by some 90 years old. So it probably has glazed as fuck bores/mitsubishi oil rings are shit.

My plan is to fill it up with stop smoke, try get a wof, and let my Mum drive it while I take her volvo off the road to fix it.

Then sell it quick snap!

I've always used Lucas, or Moorey's heavy duty oil stabiliser. But since we're talking about a rubbish fire on wheels here, (aka a mitsi) I'd like to hear what others have found works good.

Is motor up worth trying? (Do they even sell it still?)

Discuss!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys have the right idea - change the oil right before WOF check with some of the heavy duty stuff - straight 50 or 60 weight Pennzoil/Penrite is good.

However I dunno about this Jif/Brasso thing - I've heard people say it but always passed it off as a joke. Something about pouring abrasives into a fine tolerance engine that just does not seem right. Also this forum has it's trolls so I struggle to take a lot of what is said at face value. LOL

• Like 2

I actually wish I'd never bought it tbh.

After the 90 year old was done, the peeps I bought it from put another 70k on it. So it's only done 160k.

She's a bit puffy at the cam cover breather too. I might slam some atf in it, and run it for a while to desludge it inside. Might unstick the rings.

Last mitsi I ever  buy I reckon.

These guys have the right idea - change the oil right before WOF check with some of the heavy duty stuff - straight 50 or 60 weight Pennzoil/Penrite is good.

However I dunno about this Jif/Brasso thing - I've heard people say it but always passed it off as a joke. Something about pouring abrasives into a fine tolerance engine that just does not seem right. Also this forum has it's trolls so I struggle to take a lot of what is said at face value. LOL

lol I know of an old fulla who used to use jiff on his 12a rally car as regular maintenance lol always though he was joking untill now im a little unsure

A guy I know had a Buick with a flathead straight 6 he sed he got a set of pistons that didn't fit so he filed them to the point they would slide down the bore, but the thing would seze up at every hill to a screaching halt, he gave it the jiff treatment witch fixed it

• Like 1

I actually wish I'd never bought it tbh.

After the 90 year old was done, the peeps I bought it from put another 70k on it. So it's only done 160k.

She's a bit puffy at the cam cover breather too. I might slam some atf in it, and run it for a while to desludge it inside. Might unstick the rings.

Last mitsi I ever  buy I reckon.

so you bought a known smokey mitsi and tar all cars of that brand with the same brush? 

Bart, I thought more of you, man. 

Theres a secret mix that not many people know about so il share.  Take 20ml of oil from 15 different cars that havnt run in at least 5 years, now these cars must be no further than 5 metres apart as environmental conditions must be similar.  Mix the samples together with the skin off one banana and add this mix to the effected engine.  Bananas can be brought at the diary and you should be fine with the rest.

• Like 3