z18et1200coupes's 1966 Datsun 410 Bluebird

• 3 weeks later...

Got some wheels.. I reckon they'll look pretty titties when their painted and polished up.. 

Got some sweet roof racks. I cut em down so so they nice and low to the roof.

Got some blocks and U bolts. Will chuck them in and give the front a good choppy this weekend hopefully.

All going well will have wheels finished up and painted too.. Unsure what colour I should pain the center though, could play it safe with the factory gold, or red, or white. Hmmm. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking 165/60/13s for the tyres too.. on a 6.5" rim should look ok hopefully. Need a wee bit of stretch or it'll be rubbing like crazy!

Photo of wheels in white is when I got em.. Got them blasted and have polished two of them.

clm3rtxe.chu.jpg
mnetl3of.3wt.jpg
xzyfsrdy.o1e.jpg
24iwjwfm.a4i.jpg
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...

Yoo,

So I sold ol Bluey a fair while ago, but I wasn't really set on selling it. Anyway, one popped up on Trademe a while ago and I finally went and had a look at it yesterday. I was pretty happy with it and brought it!

Have a few tidying up jobs but it's pretty sound and clean.

Gearbox is making some nasty noises so I'm on the hunt for another, and maybe another engine, current motor burns loads of oil if you get up it.

Today I gave the interior a good huck out and it came out really nice. Dash and door cards are all mint, headlining and seats are a wee bit discoloured but no rips. It's missing carpet so I'll sort that out asap.

It looks like it's had a gbox change sometime because the shifter if a bit further back than factory. I tidied up that today and made a blank for the old hole.

Anyway, jobs;

-Gearbox change

-Slam

-Get some 165 55s for a set of 14x7 Hayashi mesh I have and pop em on. 

-Roof racks

-Carpet

After that's done I'm keen to put on some different carbs and some headers. Apparently manifolds off B series MGB fit, but I'm not sure if I want to stick with the J series or not. The head design looks fairly terrible. But we'll see.

I'll take some better photos once this poo Auckland weather clears up.

I'm using the same threads as I can't be bothered making new ones..

fdnaneyn.5pm.jpg
lnfimnlm.itu.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mateys,

Just finished lowering the ol girl today. Took a couple of goes to get the front height right but I think it's pretty good, and it still rides pretty well! Fron't dropped about 3" and the same-ish on the rear.

Also test fitted a 14x7 volk mesh and liked it. So I'll run them or my Hayashi mesh's.. Once I buy some tyres..

Also brought some sweet old roof racks. They're just getting sandblasted currently. Then I might just let me rust a bit then pop em on, should look fairly hilarious.

Also been thinking about what to so with this rubbish old motor. Have been giving it tits everywhere lately and I'm pretty surprised it hasn't let go yet. Have been thinking pretty hard about a A15 and 5 speed, would need new mounts ect but once in and tidy could probably get away with no cert as they look very similar to J series.

But could also stay with J series and maybe get a J15 and put some MGB twin SU's and headers and it could go ok..

Anyone have J series experience or input?

Also my alternator is super poo. If anyway has a spare to get rid of please PM me!

edsgmko0.qdp.jpg
00adpw3o.uf5.jpg
foymyfy3.n1f.jpg

ziehinww.ko4.jpg
l0mjxqnd.orv.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...