Tom's GX81 Chaser

PowderJZX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interest in standy 1G when upgrade happens+there is a crowd down south in CHCH possibly that will bend up a custom swaybar if you send down yours for them to copy

Do you happen to know what the place is called? I'd be happy to send them mine haha

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Twin-Sway-Bar-Mounting-Brackets-MX83-Cressida-JZX81-GX81-Chaser-MarkII-Cresta-/301075765083 <-- these were similar to the ones i got. It was cheap enough so why not. bought it mainly because i've never seen one hahaha.

theres a Hks stroker crank on yahoo japan thats calling your name ;)

Man i do love this car! the sterns suit it sooo nicely!

Cheap 16x8's

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/wheels-tyres/alloy-wheels/auction-695844382.htm

Damn those wheels are nice! but I think i'd just go for SSR's 16x8 with low offset! haha Those SSRs I got for my gx71 were only 700 bucks shipped! so I'm pretty sure I'd be able to get one for a similar price? Hmmm stroker crank... as soon as i get my hands on my dream engine, it will definitely go straight for a rebuild! but it wont be chucked in my car for a while tho! otherwise I'll be wasting a good engine.. I'll chuck it on an engine stand and such. 

I heard the rebuild kit only costs about 700 bucks? but that's the standard Toyota rebuild parts. I could do with after market parts tho?  :D I'll keep the engine with simple na tuning which it probably already has. just need cams and shaved flywheel! haha meanwhile I need to ask for those photos so I can look at it dream of it in my sleep. I need a proper job! so i can get parts and engine quicker than usual :D hahahahaha

Btw: If you guys want to have a quick search for wheels, Visit this site I had setup for the jzx club http://forum.jzx.co.nz/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=865  just click on the size of the wheels, then as soon as you're in the site> choose the brand you're after > on the left hand panel, choose the stud pattern then off you go! if you found what you are looking for, send the link to ewan. at the moment, they have these http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t319947921 $1000 + 300 give or take for shipping and commission?  Not too bad aye? hahaha Damn you japan! I'd probably stick with 16x8s tho so i wont have to recert hahaha Enjoy :D

I'm pretty sure if you built a stroked 1g, Michael would murder you for it

Ghaha he doesn't know wont hurt him! haha nah I don't think its gonna happen, the furthest one i'd go are cams and aftermarket bearings! after all its my daily! besides changing internals would probably be more expensive than my car haha 

Update from Ryan: The crank shaft seal doesn't quite fit haha! I hope the other parts do fit otherwise I'll cry, seems like I wont be able to drive it till tomorrow haha

After being depressed for a day yesterday, its finally starting to come together, I found the leak that we thought was the waterpump caused by a longer bolt going through it haha

photo_zps7739998b.jpg

Thanks to dave I got that hole sorted.. JB welded that shit! hahaha I must say, dave should be a certified JB welder ... dry.. anywho this was the outcome. Will it hold? I've heard great things about JB weld! but I hope it lasts forever haha

DSC_3594_zps994b27b4.jpg

Got new timing belt covers too! and while the engine front was apart, I water blasted the whole engine hahaha It looks brand new now ow... Pics to come later on today when I get to my car. My car should start later this arvo but no date tonight if i can't finish it by then!  :'(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys, It's been a while since I posted here. I haven't done much to my car but I did a lot of shopping in yahoo auctions Japan lately...So far I've added a front lip, repainted the quarter panel,  Tidied the interior heaps and replaced the crappy stereo to a carrozzeria DVD player.  (thanks kylee and alex for the parts car haha)  I will put 15" on my car but I also ordered some 16s to keep it "legal" so to speak. I have replaced the exhaust tips to twin stainless 2.5" and moved the muffler another 30mm towards the engine.. Somehow it made it quiet and more refined.. This year has been slow for my car I guess.. But so much work to be done once the parts arrive.

I've ordered a set of panasport G7 c5c 3 piece wheels which ended up being 350 bucks + shipping.. The auction said 16x8 +15 16X8 +0 it may not seem right but the back of the wheels had massive wheel spacer design thing.. I did bid on another set of wheels....  SSR mesh wheels 15x8-14 but i lost tp that auction due to me forgetting to tell the importer to bid on it, so recently.... I did a buy now and bought a set of 15x7 with +3 +4 offset SSR mesh, It was rather cheap so I reckon i'll just get them widened.. 

The g7s will come with no tires so the first thing I'm gonna do, when they arrive, is to get them re-polished and painted .. maybe gold or something..  then see how much stretch I will need for the wheels.. 

DSC_0223_zpsda2aa235.jpg

10726915_779525648775451_1380642544_o_zp

DSC_0232_zps81207318.jpg

Surprisingly the TV, DVD, bluetooth works after 3 hours of trying to wire it.. 

DSC_0225_zps43e9f41c.jpg

Here are 2 different importers I used.. I could only screen shot these just to get the idea...  each pic do have a 2nd page.. apart from the wheels, I have a marble steering wheel on the way and a set of headlights... weather shield,  factory front lip( <--- finally ) and Lots of unnecessary items..

10742812_896508433694439_1438970547_o_zp

10736138_778976668830349_215208855_n_zps

Last but not the least, I got these from Greer. It says cresta here but I really don't mind the name at all. Although, I am still surfing yahoo auctions Japan for a genuine chaser half covers so until then, these would do.

10743318_10204389774398518_851643048_n_z