Cliff Curtis' RXII

Vintage Grumble

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want try them upside down, don't have to take as much out of them.

Bleed nipples get cosy to the strut tho

Tried them upside down, back of the caliper gets pretty close to the strut, 45 degree angle looks fully sick, a bit too fully sick for my liking. I'll get the next pair of adaptors sorted with plenty of meat, the caliper needs to move outward by 3-4mm, sitting hard up against the disc so the next pair of adaptors will have raised bosses for the caliper mounting faces.

Don't have that spacer in mine because I spaced between the brake disc and the hub to give me another 4-5mm clearance on the back of the wheels.

Running fully epic 45 degree spec........................should help keep the stones out......or not.

Can take the Nissan off , isn't any balance lines hiding inside like the mazda ones.

Oooo could space the disk back as an alternative.

The 45 would possibly mean I couldn't get a bolt into the caliper.

Might keep Nissan. For laughs.

yeah have to chuck caliper bolts in first on mine to get them on.

RFB........................run f**kin bearings for life

• Like 1

So I tried fully-sick flipping of brackets, defo-no-go, wouldnt even get a bolt head in there, lines up right on the strut, gonna Carboard-aided-design some brackets for a bit of a play around on the weekend, missus is in hamilton this week so might sit in the living room with beers and tidy up the inlet manifolds ready for wrinkle coat while I browse trade me for some s15 rear brakes.

Regarding the caliper location on the disc per thegreatestben, the caliper sits perfectly with the top edge of the pad sitting flush with the disc, 100% contact patch.