haurangi

Haurangi's RX2 that is a prescription for Prozac.

Since that last photo proves nothing of my progress I thought I'd post this. Just scuffed back to bare-ish metal and wiped down with wd40 (which has lasted to date, so thats at least a year in bare metal with no rust coming through). Proof is that this was about a year ago and is pretty much the last time I really did anything physical on the fucker.

5V4oGq0.jpg

• Like 1

TTG7DMm.jpg

Floating hubs

yQwNNo1.jpg

13b out of my brothers s6, sold to sr1600 who stored it carefully for a few years, then sold it to me

JKhUZ78.jpg

Bigger is better right?

• Like 7

So pictureless update (because it'll fuck sr1600 off/cbf getting photos off my phone), I've pulled the gearbox out of the fd3s to put behind the 13b that was once in the fd3s and will go into the s122a in the future. Sr1600 still hasn't returned our panel hammers from 15 years ago (/I was supposed to buy some last week but had a beer instead) so still haven't been in the container to do anything/the key is stuck in the padlock lowls.

One drop of gearbox oil. One. That's unheard of. Almost dropped the driveshaft on my face though but nah bo didn't even.

• Like 3

I'm aware there is a guard missing, that's because it was run over by a VN commodore when being loaded in a container in Brisbane. Needs a good whack-whack with a precision adjustment device to straighten it out.

Yeah picked up some more bits to make life easier. Been sitting in storage for 14 years, still got the mazda stickers on them.

5gtP1gh.jpg

F6ISYQW.jpg

mBUHblp.jpg

• Like 6

SR1600 built some front struts a while back. Some bizzare frankenstein R31 HKS adjusties with RX3 stub axles welded to the bottom and 5 stud datsun hubs. WTF aye.

Anyway I dodgied one on (by mixing and matching rx3 and rx2 bits to cobble up steering and a lower control arm that would fit) to see how she'd go, 3 inches lower at full extension is how it went. Verbal handshake and I'm the owner of a pair and even better no money has changed hands. Photo to come.

• Like 3

So I got the adjustable in both sides. Wound up for offroading. Pretty happy with the effort. Big hand from stillway and sr1600 who cheered me on from the sideline.

8oScw1v.jpg

• Like 1