VC Valiant

mattscort

Hi all

So I bought this thing off trademe, not mint but decent. Its a good base to get to where I want. Its my first Valiant. Its a running project, I don't like the whole taking it off the road to work on it thing anymore as I lose motivation if I can't enjoy it.

20140117_103343_zpsaac25751.jpg

20140117_121915_zps7eab8c96.jpg

Messenger_5829852981462627324_1389945264

So yeah first I will be making some small alterations and probably send it to the panelbeaters for a few touch ups and rust spots. Longer term I'm thinking maybe a worked 225 with the standard 3 speed manual as I would hate to convert it to floor change. Or a 318 although that might involve an auto box.

I'm after some hubcaps to fit my 14 inch steels if anyone has some they want to flick. I have 2 that fit and 2 that are too small so could work out a deal or something.

Also someone buy my landrover my olds are getting annoyed

• Like 6

So I have been driving this basically nonstop, It has made me question why I spent so much time with small old fords and toyotas etc. So smooth to drive and I get such good vibes driving it.

But these are the hubbys I have 2 of and want two more

20140120_183834_zps4d702c07.jpg

20140120_183848_zps2262cc70.jpg

I have the 4 hubcap clip lump things, like runamuck said I think they are vg wheels

20140120_184006_zpsec150b61.jpg

And I have 2 of these if someone wants to swap or just needs some. They only fit my spare so I have no use at the moment

20140120_183946_zpsc5ca9501.jpg

20140120_183956_zpse8412acc.jpg

Shameless beauty shot

20140120_184054_zpsbf1bd7d0.jpg

Thanks for the good advice and answers chaps, I havn't really asked many q's on this forum until now but this is new territory for me and your help is really appreciated

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So its not the head or head gasket, sweet! Getting radiator recored. Maybe do water pump aswell. But im off to work on monday so nothing getting done for 4 weeks. Thinking about spending my bonus on head work and a cam and whatnot. Or a isuzu bighorn.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Went to start it for first time in a month. Wouldn't start, the points gap had somehow disappeared. reset gap now running but super clattery, hadn't really noticed this before. Thought it was a rocker problem, opened rocker cover and some of the rocker arms can move over 3 mm along the rocker shaft? Wear on an old engine I guess. I assume I'm gonna have to shim these till they are only moving a lil bit, anyone had this problem before? and any easier ways of correcting it? Its still driveable but its not ideal.

No pics I know

Also the reason I started it was to chuck a mopar electronic dizzy conversion in. That's gonna have to wait till another day now

• 1 year later...