ajg193's 1983 KP61 Sprint

ajg193

Thanks Richie, was one of the first shots taken with the new lens.

Definitely a trip worth doing, would have stayed down there for another day if my friend didn't forget to bring clothes/a warm blanket. 

How big of a fuel tank are you going to have in your thing? I had to keep a pretty close eye on the fuel level to make sure I could make it places without getting caught out. (Probably not an issue if you don't mind paying heaps for fuel in smaller towns)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

More the fact that you just can't find standard tiny starlet rotors that size!

KE is 218mm. Common starlet is 228mm. This car has 204 or something close to that.

Stoked they worked in the end. Was it only the diameter you had to knock down?

"common starlet" doesn't exist in NZ. Apparently Euro/USDM ones have the larger brakes.

But yeah, these KE30 ones worked perfectly, just had to trim the outside diameter down to 203 mm (200 might have even been better).

Thanks for the bits

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The files here:

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/new-zealand-motor-vehicle-register-statistics/new-zealand-vehicle-fleet-open-data-sets/

I just put it through LibreOffice Calc (Basically Excel) and pulled out some useful data.

I'm not sure if it will be slow and cumbersome with Excel, but it was painful with LibreOffice. Whenever I did any sorting tasks the CPU would get locked on 100% usage for a while until it did the job.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

The oxygen sensor will need a hole put somewhere in the exhaust system. Most sources online say to put it about 600mm-1000mm downstream of the engine to reduce overheating of the sensor. I have a blanking plate on the exhaust manifold underneath where the carburetor would have been but I think this may be too close to the engine. Otherwise it would have been ideal to place the sensor on this plate (so as to not drill a hole in a factory component). Has anyone on here got experience with placing wideband sensors close to an engine of low power?

Is it even possible to buy a sparkplug/O2 sensor combo?

On 2017/09/03 at 18:52, NickJ said:

Is it even possible to buy a sparkplug/O2 sensor combo?

Not sure. That would be an interesting combination - but probably pointlessly expensive. I wonder how something like that would deal with the pre combustion mixture?