Bangas 67 Mk2 Cortina

Banga

Yeah that's the one, was on the tard back in July/August. Looks better in photos than it is really, a few different shades of green,primer and dents in every panel. If it was just patina'd and straight I would have kept it as it.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 25/07/2020 at 10:18, 2ndChance said:

Hey Banga, I've got the same tacho issue. Did you ever get yours sorted and where did you go/buy from?

@2ndChance not really! I got a module from the UK that was meant to sort it but I couldn’t ever get it right. Still reads a little high I think

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2022 at 20:20, mjrstar said:

Cool project, and great progress.. if I was you I would consider some hard lines for the clutch slave cylinder inside the bellhousing rather than those braided ones doing the loop-de-loop. 

Need to keep an eye on this thread too.

Thanks!

I’m just following the set up guide/pics from Retroford with those- do you think it will give me issues?

Hey look, it might be sweet as and if that's how it's designed to work then it's probably OK,(I hope for your sake it is) but in my case I had the box off a few times to sort the issue of it not being able to bleed all the air out.

It sucks to not really be able to see clutch throw like you can with an external slave when troubleshooting... Having the shortest hard line run solved my issues after starting out with an over-length flexi setup not unlike yours.. 

If someone else doesn't have to go through that headache I did then that's great! 

It looks like the bottom hose off the slave is the bleed (not great for getting rid of air?)

And it also looks like the bleed hose it a bit compromised on the top radius.. 

Also will the bulkhead fittings give you enough room in the trans tunnel? 

Good luck. 

Definitely appreciate the sharing of previous pain!

Bottom hose is the bleed. This is what I’m following, https://www.retroford.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/MX5-Gearbox-Technical-Guide.pdf and your right about the hose not being great - I’ll have another go to see if I can make that better.

Picture doesn’t have the box in the right orientation, will rotated further clockwise so should give me space in the gearbox tunnel.

If there are a bunch of these installations running around without any dramas then it's probably not worth over thinking.. If someone has already done the legwork and it works then sweet as. It seems to be a pretty well documented instruction.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, d.p.n.s said:

it's looking awesome mate..

hay in one of the pics it looks like  you have a motor on the stand and one in the hole..

have you got a mock up motor?

Just the one sadly, it has been in and out a couple of times but hopefully in for good now.

1 hour ago, Banga said:

Just the one sadly, it has been in and out a couple of times but hopefully in for good now.

yeah thats normative way..

you won't be disappointed with it.. I've git my little focus running real well and I would say it's still not the claimed 170hp... but yours will definitely be more than that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, d.p.n.s said:

yeah thats normative way..

you won't be disappointed with it.. I've git my little focus running real well and I would say it's still not the claimed 170hp... but yours will definitely be more than that.

Even if it only makes 170 it will still be about double what had previously!

• Like 1