• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in need of a certifier in Auckland now.

Left to right conversion

Suspension

Motor and box

Seats

Etc

I'm keen on having the certifier look over my shell whilst it's bare so they can have a good idea what's been done etc.

West Auckland - my mates said Clint is the person I need to chat too.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm picking up the shell next week and it will finally be in my shed for the first time ever - very EXCITE.

Diff is all cut down and the flanges are tacked on. We will mock it up with rear adjusties, adjustable panhard and upper trailing arms and lower arms to ensure that the wheels actually fit. Once we are happy with this, the flanges on the diff can be welded up once and for all and I can go and get the axles cut and re-splined/re-drilled 4x110.

I still need to move a few brackets in the dash as well as mount the RHD windscreen wiper motor and cut holes in the cowl for the arms. 

I have a goal to have this rolling within 4 weeks of me getting it back in the shed - then all the glass can go back in with new sound deadening etc.

This HAS to be driving for Feb 2017 - wish me luck 

• Like 2

Sweet,  I'm gonna need some axles cut / re-splined soonish I think too.  WIll be watching to see your results  :-)

I have various quotes however my engine balancer put me onto a joker that does loads of home machine jobs and this type of thing is up his alley. I will let you know as the usual places tend to donkey punch you with the cost.

My mate can do the hilux diff cut and re mount - PM me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

engine build is taking place on the 15/16 of October. Car is home Saturday morning for the first time ever. 

Hope to mount the gas tank and mock up the fuel pumps etc. Not entirely looking forward to putting in the mint side glass but hey, thems the breaks.

My wheel studs arrived from USA today so that's another piece to the puzzle got.

• Like 2

Haha thanks mate. Glad there are folk out there than enjoy the pics etc. Luckily my mates are all pitching in to try and have this going for early next year. I really need it rolling asap and this should happen in a couple weeks, after I get the axles cut and re splined and brakes all plumbed up on the diff.

Hope to order the exhaust bits shortly as this could be done after we plonk the engine in (getting built 3 weeks’ time).

Looking for a well-priced person to do the front and rear screens too.

More pics to come as we are getting into the engine bay after work today.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Alex...you are going to like this....

Update….

I sold my simmons,  adjusties and hilux diff…..

Now I have some extra dollars, I can hook into the upholstery etc,.

Seats are getting retrimmed back to original

I have all stock running gear to put in – s2 rx7 disc rear end with fxgt callipers, new bearings and LSD

Custom radiator and oil cooler getting made

13 x 7 hotwires

Full Adrenaline R exhaust ordered

Custom Koni adjustables getting created

This change in direction should (a) make the car easier to cert and (B) have it looking very stock

• Like 1