Rivalrx - 1972 Mazda 618 Coupe

rivalrx

Hood lining all but in. I was at full pucker cutting it for the lights and handles.....

still need exhaust done and d shaft loop sussed. Hope this coming week. 

Then interior can can go in. 

I wasn’t happy with the oil cooler brackets therefore these need further attention to have it sitting at the right angle. 

Windscreen front  is in and a new rear screen is on its was  just need the rear lining tucked then it’s game on   

Clutch and brakes bled up  

Gagging for a sneaky drive  

• Like 2

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Seat belts are off 90s Mazda and basically I was constrained by what they looked like and colour. 

They em needed to be classic looking but in great condition to help cert vin. 

Tyres on Saturday and should have pics then. The wheels do need a touch up so hunting some gold acrylic paint. The lacquer keeps on blemishig when painted. 

Least of my worries but hey. I want them to look good. 

Cheers man

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was like a 1990 Capella or something like that. Maybe even an 89. 

I chose them based on the needed to be black, great condition and a design in keeping with an older style car. 

I have the original set stashed to recondition down the line. For now, I want to to pass through VIn and cert as easy as possible. 

Cheers mate 

• Like 1

Exhaust completed and painted. 

Gagging to hear it now but that’s going to have to wait another few days.

Awaiting d shaft loop weld up then in she goes once and for all (unless I have to take it out haha). 

Next is spanner check the suspension and rattle up tie rods etc  I want to check the pre load on the new front bearings is spot on also therefore thanks on my week to so list.

drivers seat is rebuilt and the runners are all greased up ready for use. Most likely I will plonk them in less the carpet so it makes the VIN and Cert check easier, as the d shaft loop brackets/bolts are easily visible etc. 

Cert check is next on my agenda once it’s all buttoned up then VIN.

Beer o’clock 

48590F0A-C566-4E76-843A-B92DF26CEDFF.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yea man. This week I will go and button up the suspension bolts that are all finger tight. Front seats are gagging to go in. 

Managed to score 3 OG RX2 RX3 steelies today off a mislabeled trademe auction. 

I already had 1 spare so now I have a full set of 4 tucked away. 

7270A6B6-98F8-4647-94FE-5340CF0668E0.jpeg

• Like 6

Thanks pal. Wish I had more cash to get it all sussed sooner but hey. I’ve learnt loads attempting most things myself and met some great people along he way. 

There sure are some clued up folk out there that are willing to impart knowledge and help. I always ensure there is beer in the fridge at all times 

Still more ore to do - I’m happy where it is at the moment though. 

828E4D4C-114C-4953-B2ED-0DD6F52D87DD.jpeg

• Like 7

FUCK YEAH!!!!! :-)  Bring it to Nelson asap and let me take it for a hoon. Looking forward to it. Good work fella and I'm loving the general classiness of it all. There's a IDA fed 12A bridgy sitting here in our workshop (attached to a chevette)... maybe I should nick it for the wagon....

• Like 1