• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No sorry, I should of clarified as a similar 'condition' project

mines a 71 Capella RE, jap assembled and NZ new

I wouldn't normally post on others build threads, but as you asked-

bonnet very dusty, this was the day it came out of a shipping container after 11 years

P1010569_zps3e3d0666.jpg

• Like 3

No sorry, I should of clarified as a similar 'condition' project

mines a 71 Capella RE, jap assembled and NZ new

I wouldn't normally post on others build threads, but as you asked-

bonnet very dusty, this was the day it came out of a shipping container after 11 years

P1010569_zps3e3d0666.jpg

Thats COOL AS!!! Cheers for sharing. PM me if you are after any bits as I might be able to point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it for about 10min the other day but didn't have time to whip old old tarp. Sat in the seat and held the wheel which ROCKED.

The interior was mouldy as but exterior looked good with the exposed metal patches are still exposed metal.

Hope to drag it out the shed this week perhaps.

• 1 month later...

Managed to get some good used coupe rear quarter and door glass sorted so that's all good. I swapped a spare set of tail garnish off an rx2 for a genuine Italian 48 Ida from USA so that's a mini result. I need to change the chokes and tubes but that's no issue. I gave it a tear down and clean so it's looking nice and I even plonked my K&N filter in top.

Also I bought new rx4 13b old school housings that have been polished and have had some exhaust port work done already. I. On the hunt for 12a tall port plates now and 13b rotors etc.

I've been looking for a set of rx2 steelies and have had sets offered to me for $400. I'm it too keen to pay that much so I Sussed a set of 2 off a trademe advert $60 and as luck would have it my mate has 2 on his mazda 1000 so that's me sorted.

Hoping to get stuck into the left to right conversion over Easter. Pics will be taken and beers will be had.

• Like 1

Have the older 13b housings got the water seal grooves in them ala 12A? I remember someone telling me that the chrome was better quality on those housings and the 10a housings...but I reckon thats just urban myths as I am sure Mazda would not have gone backwards when it came to quality on such important items?