DIY sound deadening ideas?

danger

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did My triumph with this Tar type shit inside and out, its normally used for water proofing brick walls below ground level Basements that type of stuff worked absolutely mint couldnt hear my diff whine after doing it in a triumph thats saying something :P it set hard but slightly tacky which held the carpet in place too. think it was a product by Fosroc. any product intended for the water proofing type work should do.

• 1 year later...

Sorry bro didn't give much info haha .

They sell it on trademe but if you go direct you save. 810x410 I think . Reviews looked good on it and for prive it's alot cheaper than competitors . They sell different packs and can sell single sheets if you need different .

http://www.mongoose.co.nz/products/q-mat.html

They are based in wairau north Shore .

20150524_203120_zpsrpysfzxd.jpg

EDIT: looking at size n prices it looks the same as from Jay car haha

Haha yeah I got a extra 5 pack so 14 sheets total n managed to do the whole floor . Firewall and behind seats right up to parcel tray . I'll prob end up buying another 5 pack to finish parcel tray n behind door cards.

One pack would of been enough to do floor but I went abit crazy with it . Didn't see any point in doing it half arsed .

Its more a case of cost versus size of sheet n when I researched I found the size of single sheet is the same but others were charging 260 . (320 for dynamat) for a pack of 9

Haha yeah a 9 pack would be plenty for your cab ! Haha yeah bit overboard .. ohwell what's done is done lol . I gave it all a mad vacuum n degrease n brought a wooden wallpaper roller from mitre 10 for 10 bucks to press it into the grooves n to make sure i had went over it all. used my map gas to soften it a little.

Worked a treat :)

EDIT : just saw ur build man your cab is tiny . They also do a "door pack" which is 5 sheets for 120 ish I reckon that would be enough . They do sell single sheets which work out the same price . I'd just measure it up n get how many youll need

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'd really like to find a product suitable for sticking to my firewall INSIDE the engine bay.

I'd like it to be pliable enough to conform to all irregular surfaces, have a heat proof adhesive and be BLACK like a factory may use.

Any suggestions?

Edit. Cancel that. Just googled it.

• 3 weeks later...