Runt's Buggy

johnnyfive

have been in a similar situation 12 years ago with a clevo v8 engine. you can deseize an engine but patience and luck play a whopper part in it!

in 2001 my and my mate pulled the heads off sprayed WD40 onto/piston bores, every day after school I would come back and spray each bore again and again and once a week attempt to turn the crank over  we used a socket on the end of the crank pulley connected to a strongarm bar if the crank failed to turn spray bores again for another week after 3 weeks the crank turned slightly. reapplied WD40 for another week. turned again continued this process until we could rotate freely . reassembled = profit

we got lucky tho  we had no money due to being a couple of teenagers who thought they knew heaps bout cars cos we did our mechanic apprenticeship out the back of a street machine magazine lol

\please excuse spam post

\ cool story bro

When my brother was a teenager he has a seized Vespa. He smashed the porcelain out of a spark plug and brazed a grease nipple on the plug. Then pumped the cylinder full of grease, until it popped free. 

Only works if the ports are closed........

• Like 1

i did that to a scooter too, worked remarkably well. i couldn't even move the piston by waiting on it with a mallet

in order to make sure the ports are closed you can just pop the rocker covers off and remove the rockers. 

its the method i would be using for sure, just make up 4 of the grease nipple/spark plugs and alternate all 4 with a grease gun to ever even pressure, its effortless how it works

In all honesty I think you are going to struggle to score a decent body and motor for a grand.

However if you want to see a man about seeing what you can get and how much to realistically pay then there is a gent by the name of Lane who works and lives in Owhiro Valley and he has a plethora of knowledge and probably some spare parts or he can point you in the direction of someone who may have something. 

Let me know if you are keen and I can PM you how to find his place.

Weird that someone built a buggy using a later super beetle front end.  If it were mine id be converting it to Standard beetle front suspension and changing the bonnet to a Manx style one.

I love these things, will build one one day.

yw6v.jpg

rmwy.jpg

1w6i.jpg

hey man! cheers!
i would, but its getting fibreglass work done on the front, and it'l be all patchy haha, so im thinking of going white with it.
sorry, im good haha, theyre the best set ive seen out!

Bro that buggy is gangster!
Please tell me you are gonna keep it that colour!

Also, wanna sell me your seats? 

hey, yeah ive found a guy up in auckland with a tidy one from a 1500. also possibly have a good runner vw 1500 engine+front end+ brakes +wiring loom and other stuff, for a neat price

http://www.andysautosport.com/floor_pans/volkswagen_beetle.html

postage be a killer but could work out better than buying another chassis and finding that's rusty too?

those bulges are yuck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hay dude sweet buggy, there is a good chance I have all the bits you need give me a pm let's talk oh by the way your motor is a oct 1964 1200;-)

Was going to send him your way when he first posted, but wasn't sure if you'd get a PM here and didn't know your new number.