kyteler

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still reckon bomb it in that green primer bro

No vents as KK said it works better with the chop

I vote anything but chebby orange. Black engine and black engine bay offset with that green/grey primer will look schmick spiro

All I know is that I have some metal flake here and I want to try custom paint my roof, it has to all tie in though. Still ages off anyway! needs some blasting soon. Got a place to store the Buick so I can pop the body off, maybe in a couple months.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mean. Your making epic progress. I need to pick up the pace...

That rear patch panel looks to fit the gaps quite reasonably well? considering your car used to be a 4 door.

Citric acid bath is the bomb! I need to get one of those one day as I hate cleaning stuff manually.

Put in a few hours so far, I think it gets serious from here though!

Yea that patch does work pretty well, the guys did a reasonable job getting the proportions the same as a 2 door sedan, especially without having actual 2 door doors and quarters. Its like some of the work they have done is amazing and some total balls. Kind of stoked to be pulling those rear quarters though tidies up some of the worst bits of the conversion.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thats a bloody 54 mate, more like this:

8453878204_4929a589fe.jpg

Na just kidding, that thing is lush. I don't have much to show on this sadly! I have been fucking with the rust work, braced the body up and chopped lots of shit out of it. Kind of need to buy a few more patch panel pieces form the states to make the job easier. So its almost on hold until I head over in 2 months. I will probably attack the doors though in that time, there's at least a weeks work in patching each door I'd say!

• 3 years later...