Speeno's Fifty Chebby.

kyteler

Cheers guys, I'll bring it up soon Chris, take the groms for a drag.

Yeah the black c10 was mine, sold it to a guy in Auckland.

The gambino setup was easy, changed the front around a bit. We are pretty lucky with our cert laws, the design approval for the front end was a ballache but if you do the dance as prescribed it can be done.

Let me know if you want any measurements or anything, the guard profile etc is probably different but the frames must be pretty similar. My stock front end wasn't fitted straight from factory.

I won't do a build thread, mainly because I just ripped off a heap of other peoples ideas. This exact car has been built a hundred times in the states. This one is different because it's fucking mine haha.

I dig the chop too, I'd love to have the spine to do it to mine one day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could post all kinds of love it/i i pine for one/nice work/looking forward to following this etc etc etc but i that would happen errr day.

You can just bask in the fact that i am eagerly awaiting every update and looking forward to it progressing.

Am damn keen on this citric acid dripping thing, ill look into it once i've seen you results and opinions 

• Like 1

Rad, she's going to be evil.

With the back roof I had saved and deleted a heap of pictures but you could run a bigger window, like almost full size and I think lots of guys flip them. It would get rid of a bit of that notch. Front looks cool though, the proportions look right.

image_zpsfab95399.jpg

I wish I'd cut my k member out and made a new one like you have, the rear removable section is the lowest point. I got told by a few people to make sure you retain all the factory torsional rigidity if you're remaking it, they are a floppy frame. I think the aftermarket ones you see that are tubular don't do the things any favours. , the art Morrison frames are RHS with sleeved holes for pipes which could be cool.

One U bolt to hold the diff in would have been totally fine... Its hard to say if the 2 studded wheel would have let go first on you though haha.

Anyway, nice work mate, making great progress getting the running gear and body work sorted.

Those rear springs look like they have had helpers added, totally need to get them reset I reckon.

Very cool, love that era of chevy as you might have guessed. There were a pair of sedans came up for sale recently on TradeMe, a '51 & a '52, that were very reasonably priced but I'd run out of money and space by then haha.

I have all the hand brake gear to go with the sploder diff, its just all in a box because I hate having them hang under the car! Brake hose even line up with the factory bracket which is nice.

As for those factory springs they are 100% factory they still have the canvas wrap on them, will get them looked at by the cross eyed old guy at the spring shop. They are only 1.75" so not really up to fuck all, will get me rolling/legal though then hopefully the future will hold notches and 4 links.

• Like 1

Yeah, springs in my XP are only 2 inch wide. I got them reset for now but I too want to 4 link and slam one day.

Many exploder diffs around up there? I have never seen one at a pick a part down here in Melbourne. Seem to be a few on the roads though...

There were plenty at 4x4 wreckers and always 4-5 on gumtree, just had to wait for a cheap one. They are pretty much a no brainer conversion for anything ford stud pattern, almost 9" strength, disks & LSD for a couple hundred bucks, beats going hilux (if the width suits your car I guess)