Replacement Ball Joints ,How tight should they be?

Ja1lb8

Assembling my new suspension arms and just checked the interferance between the balljoint and the hole it has to go into , .97mm, Seems excessive to me

I can just put it in a big press and  itll stretch the outer ring thing and go in most probably but im a but scared it could split it also damaging the arm.

Anybody know how much interferance is standard on a ball joint , think lower hq holden or similar

Exactly what all torque said and yea I would think about .1mm would be the go. The replacement ball joint does have a grippy spline thing rolled into the contact face of it. Wonder if thats meant to sort of cut in as you press it in?

The hole in the arm isn't ovalised at all is it?

Measure across the hole in 2 different directions and you might find the hole will squeeze round as you press it in.

The "splines" on the balljoint are standard for that type of joint to stop it jumping out of place but the arms pushing apart from each other (because of the spring acting on the bottom arm) hold the joints in their hole.