kp61 20v 4age Blacktop build

4AGEMAD

Cheers man, over all pritty happy with it for now. quite a few things niggling at me but once i come back from the Philippines end of this year the build should start to take off. 

Shame there isn't much of an aftermarket parts following for the kp's but i'll make it work 

Cool project!

Dont reccomend rose joints for the 4 link however.

In order for the rear diff to move through its arc of travel, each arm needs to become slightly shorter or longer to allow it to raise/lower/tip, which is allowed for with rubber bushes.

When you fit rose joints, each arm becomes an exact length instead. So other parts of your car (i.e. diff mounts) need to make up the difference. it also wears out rosejoints pretty quick.

Probably especially bad on a triangulated 4 link.

I'm stripping one of these for parts in Auckland BTW if you need any bits. Bit rusty etc but if you want a grill or light surrounds or whatever, still have them in good condition.

Love the car though, keen to see what it does with the 20v!

Thanks KPR, will take not of that.

saw the arms you made a little while back, nice design! 

oo Ned I may have to pm you about those parts if you dont mind :) 

Yeah i'm real excited with how it all goes, found a W55 gearbox, hopefully shipping wont sting me too much. 

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome build man.

I dont know what it is with Blacktop 20v's but everyone ive built/rebuilt/opened looks like the one you have. People just never seem to change the oil in them!

Open throttles will make everything worth it

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...