4age, k50 box, starter motor?

Incendiarism

Hi there hoping someone could help me out here,  I have a 4age engine (supposedly a rally engine) with a k50 gearbox.  what sort of things do I need to get this running and what sort of starter motor, we were given a 4age starter but it doesn't fit.

Also if anyone knows somewhere I could take this to get it all up and running to get it all certed that would be great as unfortunately I have no decent time to get it going myself

Need a starter that's from a k50 box I believe.

Need a bit more info around the cert. Assuming your doing a 4age swap into something that use to have a smaller engine?

Any performance shop would do a engine swap and get running but a lot of $$$$ I would think, and you would still need to organize cert etc.

Edit: Just remembered that starter motors off 3au engines should fit (k50 box)

As you probably been already told, the K50 box wont handle much of a hiding from the 4age, maybe to save time look around for a t50, yes they are over priced and rare to find but in comparison to a k50 they will handle more jandle. Also getting a bell housing made up for a W series box is the other option... Depending on what its going in anyways. When i got my 4age i was looking for k50 boxes becos im a cheap arse and wanted to just get rolling. Took some advise from some of the dudes on here and got a gbox and bellhousing combo for 680 which was kinda like saying the bellhousing was 5 hundred and the gearbox 180, (22 spline T50). If you go for a W series and get a W to A housing made up your looking at a bit more like a grand... anyways just my 2c

• Like 1