S I C's Cream Dream AE86

4AG_Addict

Loving the title haha. Yeah, it was initially an auto, someone mentioned it may have been the only 'original' auto AE86 in the country?

Nah, I like the red/black but the paint's quite tidy and looks good in person, so I'll just give the bumpers and sideskirts a re-spray, pop that dent out of the back, ducktail moulded to hatch and enjoy the car as is :) I've got other little plans at the moment, but I'll get the ones mentioned sorted first and see how the budget looks.

...on that note, is anyone interested in a NZ new, low KM, mint, supercharged 1996 1.8L MX-5? :D

Car looks good man. Be good to see it all sorted. Matching rear guards on the cards at all? Looks tough as in the front.

Are those trailer strops just for show? Unless they are some fancy super strength lightweight ones. They just look like something you'd hold a ladder on with, not a car lol.

You towed it home with a hummer and a general lee trailer? 

I don't know what to say.

I told the old man that when he had the trailer made for his General that it 'probably' would end up being difficult to sell come time it isn't needed any more. It also makes towing anything else just as confusing for the general public trying to figure it out haha

Car looks good man. Be good to see it all sorted. Matching rear guards on the cards at all? Looks tough as in the front.

Cheers dude, I'll consider it eh. It looks decent as is in person like that, but we'll see how it goes! I'll go through my mental list in order first :)

Are those trailer strops just for show? Unless they are some fancy super strength lightweight ones. They just look like something you'd hold a ladder on with, not a car lol.

Funny you say that. They are rated to 400kg a corner I believe and we've always towed the General perfectly fine with them... today I looked in the side mirror and saw one side sagging, so got out and the back ones were a couple of clicks too loose. I think just limiting ourselves to the orange theme means only these flimsy ones are available. For the Dodge though we put a couple more through too just for reassurance and that works

Ah yusss this thing is still alive. Good to see it going. Keen to see what you do with it.

Thanks man, yeah, stay subscribed :D

I may spray the sideskirts white, but I think it may actually be a bit too much going wider rear fenders as well

IMG_7706_zps5202e98d.jpg

A lot of people dont realize how low the chassis rails are on these also. Mines not at all low, but the rails are a good 50mm or more lower than the side skirts, so even when they dont look all that low, they can be a pain in the ass on back roads and so on.

The only thing i'd change on this car (i'm not normally one to point out things I dont like, but, pet hate) are the front guards, they look so out of place. I just hate that design of guard tbh, haha.

• Like 1

Yeah, I got under there and they are bloody low alright. Will have to be careful at times. 

They guards definitely look different, but as the whole guard has been cut/widened and re-welded, I don't want to go trying to change them just yet! I think they sort of suit the theme of the car, so they don't bother me too much personally, but each to their own  :-)

Hmm, I'm thinking the guards might just be fibreglass... I think I read the specs he gave me wrong and the cutting/re-welding was only for the guard rolling process lol. In that case it's not too difficult a task to go about it the way you guys reckon to (and rightly so). I'll concentrate on getting the dent in the rear popped out, duck-tail spoiler moulded to hatch and chip out of front-right guard sorted first and then go from there  :-) Haha, the reason I haven't been updating the thread a lot just yet is because I haven't been out of the bloody thing  :-D

Cheers man, it will definitely be coming along to the drags! Might try find some 14" rims for the rear with slightly wider tyres to use on the day.

Until I start getting crap done on it next week, here's a phone shot from yesterday:

IMG_7943img1000_zps646a20c2.jpg

• Like 3