• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

"I'm not longer running an A/C compressor (it never worked)."

Ooh yeah...

The A/C in this was lush as frig, but the idler bearing started screaming when I was out of town one night, so I removed the bearing and never got around to replacing it.

• Like 1

I had the master mechanic round last night (seedy al) and this is what we concluded so it’s not just me being a nupty. We bleed it up to the pump but bugger all coming out the other end. Checked it was getting voltage to the solenoid etc and tried a jump wire as well but no change. 

Something easy to try... wind out the banjo nuts from the pump in and return. Blow the crap out of them or even run a small screwdriver around inside them to loosen the crud in there.

They often have a stupidly small mesh filter inside them which can get blocked very easily with rust and general crap from the tank or from sitting in storage.

I don't know your pump exactly but I THINK this is the same as your pump and it has 2 banjo fittings.

The latter picture looks like the pump inlet so I would presume that one is the culprit.

But still take them both off and clean them out thoroughly

DSC01359_zps26645728.jpg.2941f33a4c796dd2c06db8ae0de68932.jpgDSC01362_zpseb9cc5c4.jpg.50578cb0f6e6cf2284a6fdffa76b61b0.jpg