Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

kyteler

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can have my spare old man (I have two NA pumps). If there is anything else you want let me know (I have a whole motor pretty much). Will be pulling apart and keeping anything worth keeping and scrapping the rest in the next week or so

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Roger that. It’s from the motor o pulled out so works good and doesn’t leak etc. You want me to send it down or just keep it safe for you?

If you could send it down that would be choice dude, I'll message you my addresssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

ssss.

• 1 year later...

I pulled the gubbins off the front last night, doesn't seem to be the water pump and to get the covers off to see where I saw the leak coming from means taking the crank pulley off.....fun. think I'll Jack it up and check a few other things like water feed for turbo as it may have been running along the block and dripping from the front even though it wasn't leaking there. 

Are you sure all your hoses are OK? 

I had momentary puddles under mine for a while until one day the pinhole had gotten big enough to squirt a jet of coolant instead of just seep.  

Feel whether any of your hoses are spongy or rubbery feeling (you'll notice the difference between a weak bit fairly easily, especially if it's been doing it for a while) 

Pretty sure it's not the hoses. Where the leak was coming from and where there is coolant pooling etc is no where near them but I'll take another look. They are pretty old and shitty anyway so could do with being replaced. Obviously now is not a great time to find replacement's lol

• Like 1

There is a big black cover in behind the cambelt, but not super keen to get that deep. Water pump looks OK. Where coolant is pooled in the bottom picture was roughly where it was running from when I first spotted it. There are water lines to the turbo on that side of the block but they look OK.

So yeh, will try get it running and building some pressure in the coolant system and see what I can see.

• Like 1