Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

kyteler

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

it's a designation used across all Nissan boxes (it's to do with ratios, etc. the 'C' stands for Close the other option is W at the end.  Guess what that stands for).  lerl.  I assume he means one for an RB though.  Not that it would matter cause an L bell should work also.

Sorry, was being lazy, I mean I have a bellhousing for a FS5W71C box which can be found on some RB's Silvias etc

Also have a FS5W71B box with poo synchros

The deez bellhousing i have can be swapped straight onto the 71C and lets you bolt it up to L series 

Enough ramblings, I should do something with my gearbox bits one day.

FS5W71C 

Floor Shift

5 speed

Warner synchros 

71mm between shafts centers

C revision box. (Larger countershaft front bearing, larger 1st/2nd synchros+ selector)

R4W71B

Remote (column)

4 speeds

B revision. 

Etc

FS5C71B 

Same but the C stands for Porsche type steel servos(synchros)

I have found these in random zed's but in no particular pattern.

RFB twenny debt and 25 no debt and s13/14 have the C type box with the 6 bolt plate at the back holding the shifter.

The bellhousings are mostly interchangeable. If you try to run a C onwards gearset in a B housing you will need to machine a bit of clearance for the larger counter gear and bearing, and drill out the 1st/2nd selector rod hole from 14 to 16mm. 

The B gearset goes straight into the C housing with the C bearing, but you need to sleeve the selector hole down to 14mm.

The gearbox revisions went all the way to H. The later ones had synchros on reverse and double synchros on 2nd.

I have a good selection of boxes, parts, new synchros etc in stock if you need bits. 

Barry out...

• Like 4

• 2 months later...