ziptie's '64 Morris Oxford Traveller

Ziptie

So I put it all back together.  Took me a few hours on Sunday.  10pm-1am were the only spare three hours that I had that day.  Finished up the rest this morning, bled the brakes and fired her up! The difference is amazing!  It's like a completely different car: smooth and quiet.  I think it was struggling to turn those old bearings and the diff was making all kinds of noise when I let my foot off the throttle.  Now it takes off and cruises like it should.  It's like getting new bearings on your skateboard.  You don't realize how much energy your wasting pushin those old rusty things around... you put in the new ones and BAM you're tearing up the whole park without even pushing!    The only problem is this funny noise like a high pitched squeal that would happen at low speed.  I figured out that it's the metal cap on the diff that covers the pinion seal.  I think it's supposed to just tap onto the diff snug but I can't get it to grip. It just spins.  I'll read up on that tonight. Maybe there is a clip. If anyone on the forum knows what it needs please let me know.

The rear suspension is much better now. Sits a bit higher, not much, but the ass end doesn't swing around corners like it did before.  I guess Snell Springs did a good job, they work, but when they told me they'd paint them I didn't realize that they would just spray over the rust.  You'd think that for $240 bucks they could sandblast them real quick before they spray 'em.  Oh well.  I scratched some of the rust (and paint) off and resprayed it.

Can't wait to put dual carbs on....