xsinclairx’s Suzuki shambles

xsinclairx

I got my frame back today, rear loop welded in. Its such a great job it almost seems a shame to cover it up with a seat.

photo11_zps710344b3.jpg

photo21_zps31517b20.jpg

A few things have changed in my build, I'm going with drag bars and not clip ons for the moment and I decided to paint the triple tree black.

I have pod filters, indicators a headlight and bars coming in the post, I still havnt purchased my mini speedo from dime city.

And now I cant decide if I want to DIY paint my frame or get it blasted and powder coated!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Fuuuuuccckk I hate wiring. Should have taken detailed pics of everything i unplugged haha.

Anyway here's a couple pics. Pretty much all there to finish just waiting on air filters and fitting everything.

photo23_zps4f07002b.jpg

photo13_zps4e1db865.jpg

stupid big original headlight had all the excess harness bunched up in it what to do with it now?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Running pod filters by any chance? If so, you're in for a whole world of problems man. These stupid vacuum slide carbs don't work well without stock airbox, lots of fucking around to get them running ok but probably not as good as stock. I don't have the original carbs or airbox for mine and can't afford decent replacements, but if I could I would have just binned them long ago

• Like 1

With a bit of fiddling you should be able to get them running 'close enough'. You'll need to go up a couple of jet sizes as it will be running lean due to the additional air flow. If you do some searching around you might be able to find someone who has done it before to get an idea of the best jet size

If you do want to stick with what you have its pretty easy to re-jet, all the info is available for how to do it, alternatley,Dynojet do off the shelf jet kits which are awesome and come with full instructions for install and tuning.

Used one of these on my gsf1200 engine... Works primo!think they're about $100us

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update... I got a little freaked out when people started saying that i have shitty un tuneable carbs and done some research.

It turns out running a stage 3 jet kit from Dynojet is the only way to run pod filters and a 4 into 1 exhaust, the main jet in there now is 160 compared to the 97.5. Runs like a champ now! The kit also required drilling out the breather hole in the slide a little larger and replacing the needle. 

I guess I should have taken photos of the process but I was far to eager.

photo6_zpsf3371ce3.jpg

• Like 1