xsinclairx’s Suzuki shambles

xsinclairx

Forgot to mention that was off the tc125. The ali route might be a go I think. But if tf125 forks are the same I should be sweet. 

After I ran out of things to do on the tc I took the clutch cover off the gsx750 to discover that the fuel that didn’t overflow on to the drive way made its way into the engine :wacko:

It never ends. 

546F1F36-5B0F-4957-9F4C-BF7A357B6783.jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see it needs a sand blast and paint. One of the mounting tabs has been puncture and fs with the foam. Not sure what I’ll do with that. 

Organising some tf125 forks to replace the screwed ones as well. 

I still have to check out the clutch and get the carb tuned. 

C6A2350E-5B57-4118-9647-7F089D55BA07.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bikes back together and seems to run well. Ive moves onto cosmetics with my main goal to get the colour changed from tarp blue to white. 

Also working on the dash. My current one is screwed. Should I stay oem or go aftermarket?

Previous owner just threw bog at everything. 

31307A20-6099-480D-B901-1650EA4B52BB.jpeg

9 hours ago, xsinclairx said:

The PO also created the fairing security stay which consists of bolts through fairing copper tabs and plug chain and a re usable cable tie to attach to frame. Oh and bog. 

Wow, that's some real Barry ingenuity right there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I took the day off work and had a me day :grin:

Repainted the new exhaust because it was starting to look a bit surface rusty. Pulled the front wheel to go down and get the leak sorted. 

Ordered a replacement side cover to replace that Barry one $88 later :( but at least it has all its lugs. 

“Cured” the exhaust paint by running the bike, sounds great after pulling the clutch and sorting that rattle. 

Next on the list is to sort out the carbs flooding, I think the floats are getting stuck so it keeps fuel flowing. I think I’ll just replace all the float valves to hopefully sort it out. I was going to buy a pingel tap to replace the original, not sure if I will now. 

Getting a replacement gauge case and tach from Canada and hopefully if he has a spare light cover to replace the folded sheet metal one. 

2D75C748-8B32-434F-B59F-776017CA7BA9.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I done some work on the carbs today. Have them a good clean for starters :-D 

Replacing float valves. The new ones are viton tipped and a bit different in shape. Not a huge fan. Probably should have gone oem.

I’m going to replace the fuel tap again with oem for security and I’ll order a new fuel cap to. 

Remind me again never to buy another old bike. 

7D70A347-F6A0-48CB-BF40-EDC303A0CCE6.jpeg

B557E974-7475-49CB-A57A-545EC89CE008.jpeg

• Like 2

Boring update. Of course the last screw had to be difficult and round out. But sorted it out. 

I fitted an aftermarket fuel tap which I don’t really like. It’s too big for where it goes and just seems cheap. 

Brand new they’re only $88 or I could rebuild it with oem parts. 

Mick Hone in aus is awesome for parts. Well priced and the price for everything is listed. 

EC5F21B5-E50B-4C8E-95F8-EC69C3B9EBF2.jpeg

• Like 1

Started prep on the side fairings today. The inside of both sides need some repair from cracking. I took off all the big the PO layered on there. 

I started removing the paint as well. It comes off pretty easy and I can even see the original white in small parts. 

No real idea what to do with prep and paint. I’ve just been asking lots of questions and watching loads of videos.

FC9BA2C2-0DA0-4F81-8FEF-9EC815818936.jpeg

2B0958B0-121C-485F-AB8E-E97B7DBDCD14.jpeg