• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've decided I'll keep this bike. I'll most likely leave it on tm and if someone wants to pay my price so be it but I'm just going to do bits at a time and do it properly.

Id rather keep it than sell it for less than it's worth haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick pic of my bike again, seats off and center stand back on... its soo much easier working on a bike with center stand.

photo14_zpsf0c1b480.jpg

I have new indicators (not l.e.d) on the way and im going to mount the number plate and tail light either on a small rear fender or straight onto the frame like in the above pics. Also im going to buy an antigravity or similar battery to tuck under seat more, plus i hate lead acid batteries. 

Once I have the new bits and pieces and rebuild the brake master on the front it should be sweet for wof.

• 1 month later...

Ive been doing little bits to this bike here and there but still no real interest in it haha. 

New indicators, tail light and tail light bracket... Chopped down the pods on the outer carbs to prevent frame rub. 

I just need to suss the battery and wiring situation, rebuild or replace the front brake master then go for a wof.

Some pics here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=750684503

• 3 years later...

Welp I regret selling the 650 and seeing this thread has made me feel annoyed haha. Ill post a pic of how it looked when the guy who brought it finished it when I find one.

I will now use this thread for my GS550M Katana instead of making a new thread.

How it looked prior to tear down..

IMG_20171204_152402 (1).jpg

Screenshot_2016-03-26-20-17-55~2.jpg

And how it looked in the for sale ad.. It cost me $200 

It is now completely stripped and awaiting a frame blast and powder coat, I did want to tidy the engine up a bit but I might see if I can find another 550 engine to modify and leave the current one as is.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stripped the frame down completely and some other bits for sandblasting. Hopefully getting it done soon. 

Not sure what to do about the id tags on the bike... cover or remove for blasting?

Not looking forward to putting this all back together because I don't have a garage. 

IMG_20180708_171104.jpg

• Like 1