xsinclairx’s Suzuki shambles

xsinclairx

I picked this up from Auckland yesterday and rode it home in that god awful weather.

IMG_0300_zps495a0083.jpg

Its pretty much standard,  it runs ok...ish and doesn't seem to have any problems mechanically, first thing i done was whip that exhaust off and spray it black.

I plan to get it looking as much like a cafe racer as possible and get the frame powder coated a different colour.

Plans so far

Clip ons

New grips

Pod filters

Small taillight/indicators

Shortend/new seat and a different gauge cluster.

An example:

cr2_zpsf88326ba.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got into the garage this afternoon and started stripping stuff off my bike... Quick question tho, is there any law in regards to how much of the rear tire has to be covered as im removing part of the rear frame? and how am I going to mount the new seat?? haha

photo3_zps645cb471.jpg

photo2_zps9f41b9c6.jpg

Exhaust is now black also :D

• Like 1

I made some progress over the weekend,

photo4_zps673f3a46.jpg

I flipped the bars for a laugh :D

image_zps55f34d52.jpeg

As it is now waiting for the frame modification (cut and loop welded in) and a re-spray or powder coat in black... Although I am a little apprehensive about powder coat.

I think the frame will be cut right behind the second to last weld and loop welded in there.

chop_zps6b375f1e.jpg

Damn those factory air boxes are a pain in the behind to remove!!! 

Looks good man!

I would highly recommend doing a COMPLETE assembled mock up before you get it powder coated though. I did with mine and even after that when I did the final assembly there was a couple of bits I wished I had welded on brackets for or cut old brackets off.

Bit of a boring update...

Gave the engine a good de-grease and scrub today.

photo2_zpsbf01c5a5.jpg

I also took to the triple clamp with the wire brush on the drill. As its alloy I think i'll leave it raw like this, its better than blue and it suits the bike.

I'm pretty sure the lower part is steel tho so i'll paint that black.

photo1_zpsc9c0fdc3.jpg

And I picked up one of these $9 tail lights off ebay. Size difference pic below haha.

photo3_zps85688e3b.jpg

Also have bar end mirrors coming and i'll be ordering small l.e.d indicators... If anyone has any recommendations on small headlights let me know.

Any advise/constructive criticism appreciated. 

I have that taillight on my GB, they're bloody nice quality for $9 eh. I also have one of those faux bolt LED lights over my rego plate, they work well, light the whole bike up like the Fourth of July.

Yeah they seem quite decent, Its good to know about those #plate bolt lights cos i'll need one too haha.

Looking at getting a few things from Dime City Cycles... http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-parts-mini-black-speedo-kilometer-speedometer-15-0020b.html This

and 

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-lighting-parts-retro-chrome-mini-bates-headlight-66-84101.html This.

• 2 weeks later...