Shakotom's 1985 Toyota HiLux

Shakotom

Bush camo on it is interesting but i dont think it will stay. I got replacement doors for it as the current ones were rusted out along the bottoms and repro guards for the front as the snorkel holes on the wrong side, so i may as well give it a quick rub down and spray once i decide on a colour. Just the cab though, ill do the wellside at a later date as im undecided as to whether i will bob it or not. It came with a overbuilt bush flatdeck on it and when i say over built i mean like 4x2in 5mm thick pipes as framing, it was heavier than the wellside.

Am currently focusing solely on the HiLux at present as i want to have it ready to drive at new years so im aiming to get it warranted in November. (famous last words)

Currently it just has the standard 3Y in it which will be retained for the time being with the possibility of an engine swap down the track if after all this i decide to a.) keep it or b.) it needs more go

I will probably just run flexiflares on it or something when the time comes. Plus i couldnt really see the benifits of fiberglass items on this when the factory metal is insanely light as is, they make the guards/bonnet of my commodore seem heavy. but i will keep that in mind as an option 

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Do you plan to serious off road this?

Coz fender mirrors will get wiped off by trees

Also watch those rims on rocks as the bead bends easy. (Why ppl usually fit steels)

Steels look good in gunmetal. Or satin black makea the tyres look bigger

Damn party pooper aren't I geez

• Like 2

Plan is off-roading and junk. Mainly mud and paddocks and general exploring and four wheel drive parks.

Valid point about guard mirrors and trees so that's out the window

Wheels will probably end up wrapped in 31x10.5 all terrains for daily use, but gonna chuck muddies on them for now because I don't like the white steels and there my fathers so I can't paint them Haha. Plus 10 inches is better that 8

Man I want this finished!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

• 3 years later...