KKtrips

Rookie Dave's Jag S-Type

45 posts in this topic

Cheers for the comments dudes!

Dave is right, this thing is just so great to road trip in, and it truely does make a good noise.

1 person likes this

Dave is right, this thing is just so great to road trip in, and it truely does make a good noise.

It makes the best noise. So lush. Tis a marvelous car to drive. Gets me barred up!

Cheers for bringing this beast down Sonny-Jim. Kinda gutted I didn't get a ride / drive of the old girl. Was so busy/other things on my mind I didn't even think to ask.

Now, slam & cam plz. Oh and a set of Dunlop CR65's. Jeah.

2 people like this

Fucking weddings galore here at the moment.

One of my mates is getting married this weekend at a place called the bungalow, not the same wedding? Surely he wouldn't associate with such a rowdy can't like yourself...  :wink:

If you get a few spare minutes stop in and say gidday. I will likely be in the shed at dads all weekend (aside from saturday afternoon cos wedding..) working on our mustang for my wedding next month. I'll pm you my cell number

1 person likes this

Jag IRS handbrake pads are a cuntwhore of a job.

Now I am scratching the depths of my brain here but I am reasonably sure that you can change the hand brake pads much more easily (but still a cunt) through access holes under the back seat.

I thought so too, but there are no access holes, I checked as I had heard the same thing hahah. The actual brake pads don't look anywhere near as bad though. For reference this is what you are looking at.

FDRlv.jpg

1 person likes this

Ah POOH! Are you doing it on the ground because I pity da fool who does that.

Yeah I'm all too familiar with what I'm looking at there - I used to work for Archer and Lupp and also Ray Hartley - so used to do a few Jags *twitch*.

The trickiest part is getting the handbrake cable back on the callipers.  *twitch* *twitch*

You poor sod hahah, the photo was more so other knew the pain I went through....

If it was me I would try and sneak a hydraulic hand brake in there. Lol

1 person likes this

Slash cut access holes under the backseat.

1 person likes this

Also we visited by our old flat in CHCH while we were down there, it is now a carpark  :(

DSC03908.jpg

I will endevour to get the rest of the photos off Maria's phone tonight.

Fark Me, in about 1993/1995 I had a part time GF who lived in the flat on the bottom RH door.  then she dissapeared to israel, I didnt think I was that bad a root.

Love the car mate

2 people like this

Oh god the misery continues...

Hah.. I want to say something smart and witty about how some people have the fortune to drive a classic but its a total cunt to work on.. but at this point, I can't think of anything..

Why did no-one ever teach WOF inspectors how to write properly?

2 people like this

Did my theory on getting the handbrake pads in turn out to be the right one?

Kind of; I just had to take the arms completely out, and then they went spriong, and then I had to put them back in very carefully.

Uggh not fun.

Did mine last year - I won't offer any advice because I obviously muffed it - hand brake pads came off the backing caused all sorts of weird issues (brakes sticking in reverse etc) Half way through fixing it now (I've taken the handbrake system off while waiting for the parts to arrive)

I found that the reason why the pads come off the backing is because the actually pad material is slightly too wide for the slot they sit in, so when you tighten up the retaining bolt if pulls it off, Don't feel too bad, the mechanics who got it ready for vin last year fucked it up too.

I fixed it by filing them down to fit properly and no problem.

Well no problem except they won't pass a wof I guess.

Just make sure they don't try and pull the hand brake on while rolling. The first thing that will do is rip the pads off the backing or if you are lucky then out of the callipers. So as long as it holds 1 in 5 then it should be no problem. Slash jam it in park on a hill.

If the pads had come off the backing then it was probably someone (testing station I'm guessing?) pulling the handbrake on while the car is moving.

1 person likes this