Rookie Dave's Jag S-Type

KKtrips

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Fucking weddings galore here at the moment.

One of my mates is getting married this weekend at a place called the bungalow, not the same wedding? Surely he wouldn't associate with such a rowdy can't like yourself...  :wink:

If you get a few spare minutes stop in and say gidday. I will likely be in the shed at dads all weekend (aside from saturday afternoon cos wedding..) working on our mustang for my wedding next month. I'll pm you my cell number

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ah POOH! Are you doing it on the ground because I pity da fool who does that.

Yeah I'm all too familiar with what I'm looking at there - I used to work for Archer and Lupp and also Ray Hartley - so used to do a few Jags *twitch*.

The trickiest part is getting the handbrake cable back on the callipers.  *twitch* *twitch*

Also we visited by our old flat in CHCH while we were down there, it is now a carpark  :(

DSC03908.jpg

I will endevour to get the rest of the photos off Maria's phone tonight.

Fark Me, in about 1993/1995 I had a part time GF who lived in the flat on the bottom RH door.  then she dissapeared to israel, I didnt think I was that bad a root.

Love the car mate

• Like 2

Uggh not fun.

Did mine last year - I won't offer any advice because I obviously muffed it - hand brake pads came off the backing caused all sorts of weird issues (brakes sticking in reverse etc) Half way through fixing it now (I've taken the handbrake system off while waiting for the parts to arrive)

I found that the reason why the pads come off the backing is because the actually pad material is slightly too wide for the slot they sit in, so when you tighten up the retaining bolt if pulls it off, Don't feel too bad, the mechanics who got it ready for vin last year fucked it up too.

I fixed it by filing them down to fit properly and no problem.

Well no problem except they won't pass a wof I guess.

Just make sure they don't try and pull the hand brake on while rolling. The first thing that will do is rip the pads off the backing or if you are lucky then out of the callipers. So as long as it holds 1 in 5 then it should be no problem. Slash jam it in park on a hill.

If the pads had come off the backing then it was probably someone (testing station I'm guessing?) pulling the handbrake on while the car is moving.

• Like 1