Truenotch

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would a dual 2" exhaust on a fairly standard 4age blacktop be alright? From my calculations the area should be somewhere right between having either a single 2 5/8" or 3" exhaust.
Trying for max ground clearance and anything bigger than 2" will require a lot more of the floor to be cut up. Will have 1.5" 4-1 hi-rise headers.

@kpr?

On 13/02/2020 at 21:17, yetchh said:

Just looking at the autobend website at the coby style resonators, has anyone had experience with the different types and their sounds qualities? I. E. Perf vs louvred vs chambered vs baffled... Thanks

in my fucking around with the crx I found a louvred with chamber gave me the least amount of rasp and least bad note (its a honda afterall). I started off with cheap louvered m&h resonators, and then went for a adrenalinR 

• Like 1

Sorry, meant no offense.  Was asking purely from a flow perspective.  Restrictions from rolled bends etc etc i forget the formula for it now but yeah.   

Curious as to the math why it requires such a large diameter. 

bit overkill for  stock engine.    but cant hurt to future proof.      big cams   you want zero back pressure  after tuned length extractors & collector.    same deal post  turbo if going that way

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nzed said:

Is it just me or doesnt that sound massive for an NA 1600,  2 5/8" or 3" ? 

Are you doing mandrel bent or normal rolled bends? 

Ideally I’d be doing a single 2.5” but that would hang too low for my liking. I also want to make it from stainless tube with mandrel bends so that slightly limits the sizes available as well. 
A dual 1.5” system would be too small I think. Next size up would be 2”, which would be too small as a single system. 
Having it set up for a built engine sounds good as well, if that route ever happens

• 1 month later...

Work truck needs the last section of exhaust replaced, approx 1m of pipe that goes over diff and that's about it. It's 2.75" from rough OD measuring of 70mm. Shop said 2.5" will be sweet for the last section (crush bent I assume, if that's the norm). Is that correct? I suggested 3" but they said 2.5" is fine as it's not doing much (pointing out the muffler has already done the restricting work). Sounds like 2.75" isn't really a common thing, it's factory system that looks to be mandrel bent. Any thoughts on that? 2012 3L turb diesel d-max. Cheers

Not that I doubt them, just getting a 2nd opinion due to reducing size.

Sweet, will get it booked in then, just didn't want to find it was restrictive for the engine. You could be right about the 3" bender, would make sense. If I had the space i'd do it from bends like you mention. I don't think the dmax would even fit in the garage space I have to use.

Thanks.

Just now, Bling said:

Sweet, will get it booked in then, just didn't want to find it was restrictive for the engine. You could be right about the 3" bender, would make sense. If I had the space i'd do it from bends like you mention. I don't think the dmax would even fit in the garage space I have to use.

Thanks.

I wouldnt bother making one when you can buy them off the shelf for a decent price, by the time you buy the bends, pipe, flexi and muffler its not worth the time it takes to make one