Mike's '79 Vauxhall Chevette Estate - Discussion

michaelme

Oh I sooooooo want a Chevette wagon.  Much easier to attain than an HB Viva wagon.  Yours looks great- I am glad it has the proper better looking recessed lights- nz kept them a lot longer than the uk before we went to the ugly 'afterthought' poppy outty lights.

• Like 1

Cheers mate, those Viva wagons are cool but rare as hen's teeth.

If you're interested in a Chevette wagon, there's a rolling shell I've been eyeing up on trademe, and a mate of mine has a 12A sitting in a shed.  He's getting married soon so whould be keen to get some extra cash in.

I can't realistically do the project myself for a while.  Could be the Rotorvette Estate for you :)

yeah keen on a wagon- i know the one you mean- the one that had/was going to have a mx5 engine fitted? i have another one lined up further south near welly but it has dead reg. do you have any spare plates etc?

i would be keen on a chevette wag as our really cheap run around when/if we get the land we are after. So with that in mind i would just keep the chevette engine or fit a datsun engine as both very cheap on gas. Datsun engines almost bolt straight in and look originalish. 

Yeah that's the one, just noticed that the classified listing has expired... hopefully it pops back up.

No, unfortunately no spare plates here but you might find some joy on the GM-T forums

Havent seen one with an A12/A15 but I can imagine it would go well.

There was a sedan for sale in Hamilton a while back for pretty cheap with a Reco'd motor

• 1 month later...

thats my old engine in that car :D pulled out of a piazza which i had to bin because of rust issues. might be my diff as well cant remember. good to see its still running well! i have a twin cam (G200W) and gearbox for sale if youre interested comes with custom headers (Steel Surgeon).

• Like 1