Mike's '79 Vauxhall Chevette Estate - Discussion

michaelme

Welcome!

I didn't click until you mentioned the wheels.

It looks awesome man! What was up with the bonnet? Engine fire?

Heya, yeah cheers again for those! Looks and handles so much better with them :)

No fire that I know of, he was going for a rat-rod look.  

Yeah that's the one, can't remember which way around it needs now, but it's to connect the Chevette cable to the Gemini/Piazza gearbox

Not sure if this helps but fwd corollas have a peice that is about 400mm long that screws the older end into the top and the other has the newer round-bit-with-the-keyway... anyways its the bit on the left in the pic

$T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJhTBQFs2,7ncQ~~60_35.J

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps but fwd corollas have a peice that is about 400mm long that screws the older end into the top and the other has the newer round-bit-with-the-keyway... anyways its the bit on the left in the pic

Nice! That might just do it. Can you see the part number on the label?  Goes blurry when I try to zoom in on it

na, are you near a picka part? old late 80's manual fwd rollas will have them... i got one in my shed for the viva - toyota box... but i know they just screw in... maybe ring up a 'local dealership' to get the parts number...

Cool, I'll give Toyota a bell. Thanks for the help :)

• 1 month later...

Success! I can now roughly gauge how fast I'm driving without the aid of a GPS :)  Cheers for the tip!

Still a couple available at Pickapart Rosebank Rd if anyone is looking for one

• Like 1

• 2 months later...