Coffee machine rebuild

Bantam

Picked this 2 group La Scala commercial machine for next to nothing.

fne3xiru.chm.jpg

Took all the side panels off.
a3jd254a.eip.jpg
xoitmbez.z01.jpg

Looks like it will have to be descaled. All the crap it due to water leak which usually means tap water has being used without a good filter. Came from a country pub.
oishj5mb.ktn.jpg
Has E61 group sets
Was told it wasn't working. With the side panels off, I turned it on with a water supply fitted.
Pump started and sucked up water. Within a minute it was coming out of the pressurestat. Machine started to heat up. Both volumetric control panels worked with water coming out off group heads,

Sweet.
Turned off after a few minutes.
Started to remove the boiler.

• Like 3

that's nearly identical to my old machine! I gave it to my bro when he worked at Espresso Ninja to rebuild it for me, then some café owner spotted it when he visited and ended up buying it off me. Twas a damn good deal...

• Like 1

This is awesome.

You should steampunk it and get it going without any panels so u can see all the copper glory.

Also you sound pretty clued up on coffee machines:

Pump started and sucked up water. Within a minute it was coming out of the pressurestat. Machine started to heat up. Both volumetric control panels worked with water coming out off group heads,

I see 2 solenoids and a big copper pot hahaha.

good luck with this

• Like 1

Alright, onto cleaning. Im just working on the back half of the machine as the cleaning process is different and I hate everything in pieces all at once. Took heaps of photos to help reassemble later.

ioculwgt.4sn.jpg

Borrow the fresh vege bin out of the fridge while no one is looking. Add lots of boiling water. Raid the  tinny house of your fav drug dealer and add heaps of acid to the brew.

zxrvta2q.223.jpg

As you can see, acid not only stuffs your mind, it cleans copper in minutes.
ez1xc5rm.iut.jpg
A shot of looking in the boiler where the element would be. Yuk
jksj3dcv.q02.jpg
The boiler goes in as well.
yf3kwly1.lqj.jpg
As you can see ( if you haven't done lines of the white powder) everything is all roses and nice colours. I will left it all soaking over night. Tomorrow I will check the boiler. It might need a shake will some nuts and bolts to remove the shit. Another soak will be done after that. Beer time.
sv1egenw.obz.jpg

I looked at trademe last night lol

I find TM to hard to get bargins. I always buy from another source. Stick your nose into cafes or roasters and ask. Commercial machines are cheaper secondhand than the Rockets etc. Small 2 groups (handles) are great. 

giz a shout if you need parts, I service and restore espresso machines and roasters etc.

I normally have things like safety valves, airlock valves, headseals, pumps etc in stock and get parts from Italy/Spain fairly regular too.

Cheers for that. Ive got lots of Rancilios that we use for work, so always need items.