Blakes raleigh 20 resto

BLIZZO

So ive always liked raleigh 20's as my gran had a gold one and we always used to ride it as kids. It dissapeared somewhere after the moved into a unit and now as they are both dead i have no hope in finding it so i went a brought one of some weird old fellow. It was named siliva, Something to do with the weird gollywog ontop of the light. Needless to say that is def going back on as its pretty rad. So here she is, photo makes it look better, its actually quite rusty.

12776599_92d98148086a3dab5044b943f51de09

• Like 2

So i wanted to give it a full resto but a bit of a rushed one as im flat out at uni, just have to have a project. So i stripped her down one night, got some meguairs metal polish which with a scourer pad managed to save all the chrome except the rear rim. Got my flatmate to beadblast all the painted bits for me. Found a NOS rim which is rare as they are a pretty obsolete size. Only gay thing is its brushed allow so no chrome look, o well ill keep the orignial for a one day when i get around to it thing.

Took all the to be painted bits to action powder coaters in hornby, they owner there is a legend, looked after me so well, we went with a silver base with a lucent gold to start with which was close to the original colour. Unfortunatley the lucent gold is a tinted clear and its hard for them to know how thick it is when its in powder form and this resulted in some really brown spots and really silver spots, it looked terrible but in the bits it looked good it looked awesome. Well we was more than happy to repaint it for me so i chose the only other gold they had which was "antique gold". it turned out alright, not quite what i was after but it has grown on me and def has a retro look about it. Got the bike all back together, had the rear rim laced up at the bike shop. Front one is on the piss, not buckled, just slanting on the piss, its still rideable so will get done at some stage.got a sticker kit off ebay. Im happy with the result, now i can cruise around uni in style.

12776801_0e5f74b29124bc6ea12df0db1b5b7df

excuse this next photo as its shitty and inside but its the only one ive got with the chain guard on

12776933_bed5c0aae898e593a183810e78129cf

• Like 3

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...