Sam and his triumph addiction- car number 93

yoeddynz

His latest acquisition...

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/39581-sams-1977-triumph-2000-sedan/

I was watching that one but forgot to see the end. had a feeling it might go your way. Good score. You are the triumph 2000 slut of oldschool. I have only had 4. You beat me long time back.

Love that welsh ? sticker. say it again.....

P.s what's going to happen to the Chevette? Give it to me please.

ill have an overdrive box going spare when i manage to strip the pi. I was gunna run carbs on mine but have heard of the running on problems so gunna do up the injection and use bosch pump etc. Let me know if you need anything that isnt already in your stash of goodies

ill have an overdrive box going spare when i manage to strip the pi. I was gunna run carbs on mine but have heard of the running on problems so gunna do up the injection and use bosch pump etc. Let me know if you need anything that isnt already in your stash of goodies

Mine doesn't run on :P and yes please! O/D box would be the tits.

Good score, already looks the part, lovin that crochet blanket too, my '72 2000 MkII came with a similar one.

Also was extremely low at the rear with copious camber to match, luckily its got air-shocks tho.

So rare to find non cracked dash, aside from the paint and that rear door your 2000 looks quite straight

Cheers. Internally my one is immaculate, carpet seats, dash all mint. Just the paint has turned to crap. I quite like the faded look on it though so im planning to leave it that way.

I'm looking for a pair of air shocks for mine. Its a bit too low at the back. Its not good for the bearings & tyres having all that camber & toe. I've chucked some spring spacers in to raise it up about an inch until I find some air shocks.

Yeah the 2000's are well known to be a very sweet engine when tickled.

I am amazed at that dash not being cracked. That's the first time I have ever seen a trump without two little cracks running back from the speaker grill. Ever! Even our pommy triumphs had cracks. Is this one a nelson car originally ie hot sun? Given the paint it looks to have seen hot sun.

The trump we sold two months ago had a strange thing.. It had a straight boot lid. If viewed from the side it didn't bow up in the middle. How's the boot lid on this one? It's a trump thing but all the ones but for our last are bent up.

Does it do the funky trump 'boing' sound from the back when going round a tight corner? It's the boot lid springs flexing.

Hehe clearly you didn't look inside my green, red, white or caramel trumps. All proudly sporting un-cracked dashboards... Well I cheated on the green one it had a brand new (NOS) dash.

It was bought new in Hamilton. Nelson assembled.

I haven't actually paid much attention to the boot lid. Ive sort of gotten used to them being slightly bent/curved. My green one was straight from memory.

Ahh yes the trademark Trumpy "boing" All of mine have done it. I think its caused by the sub frame moving on the rubber bushes causing the slip joints to bind up. Causing it to kind of hold the sub frame on the piss until the slip joints free up.