S13 Front subframe into KE70/30/20?

bridgin

kp rack and ke70 will bolt in the same place.  the difference is the length, kp being shorter.   kp rack will be slower also.

haven't had anything to do with ke20 suspension, do they run a caster arm setup. or swaybar through lower arms?

Best advice I can give is look at some of the build threads and copy.

Most of these guys are right though. Why are you going the expensive fabrication route when bolt ins will suffice admirably and most probably cheaper at the end of the day.

Make your factory shocks into adjustables and then use your fabrication skills to make calliper mounts and put some good brakes on.

Refer to Dans KE70 build for some awesome ideas.

• Like 1

@ryanfels, Ok so can you implement using the s13 coilovers with height adjustable bottoms such as TEIN or BC and fit them onto the ke70 stub axel? 

Last time i looked, i dont think TEIN had height ajustable bottoms? Maybe other models TEINS do though.

BCs work, especially the Red series as they have a 51mm ID on the threaded tube bit so they slide over the ke70 struts perfectly. The gold series S13 stuff went up to 55mm or something so a small sleeve is required

I thought ke70 was smaller diameter than cressida/ae86?

i never actually measured mine, just went straight to the cressida stuff, and it has worked out perfect, thanks to the t3 hybrid knuckles.

Cressida (x7) and ae86 are definitely 51mm OD

I liked kpr's way of using s13 coilovers on his ae86 or kp60?

Cut them up and weld them on to the toyota strut.

@ryanfels  Yes Tein do height adjustable bottoms on s13/s14/s15 r32/33 ect ect, but I don't know the ID of the threaded tubes on them, but If BC reds are 51mm ID,

And that suits the later KE7x, AE86 and MX73 which Brennan used in his KE70 build, then thats the a go!

BC Reds are common as much on trade me and other drifting forums, will hunt a pair out and go down that avenue.

Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated!!

Rob.

Iv found a set for 750, the rear struts are identical part from the bottoms are longer, Im guessing the spring rates could be slightly different but if the general body of all 4 struts are the same then its just a case of machining the threaded bottom halves to suit the KE70/AE86/MX73 chopped up struts, then there would be 2 pairs of coil overs for a KE7x