TOMSTAMENT'S ULTIMATE CARPI

0R10N

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay man looking good and 1 if my favourite projects on old school......mainly because I to love massive rolling burnouts.

Any who .the tube your using for the link arms .is it threaded all the way threw and where did you get it from.

Cheers

• Like 1

yeah  1.25" diameter .120" wall 4130

then weld in spuds to suit whatever size thread rod ends you use. in this case I went to 3/4 thread 3/4 rod ends then will bush down to a 5/8 bolt.  I had to get some of the spuds from summit as I wanted ones with a hex on one end so you had something to wrench on rather than having to vicegrips the tube or something similarly bastardly when needing to make adjustments.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
14 hours ago, Truenotch said:

It's a drag car so it won't turn at all. 

Nice work Tom, it's coming together! What's the reason behind the flutes in that Nascar pipe? More velocity or just rigidity? 

because looks sweet 8) 

pretty sure its 90% just for rigidity, certainly is in this case. maybe in a full on Winston cup car there is some voodoo to do with reversion and expansion/contraction of gasses but even there I am pretty sure they mostly do it for packaging/max lowness and its just bracing so it keeps its shape at a million degrees and 200mph 

nascar_400x400.jpg

28lqr02.jpg

• Like 7