• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
15 hours ago, spac3 said:

Hi mate

Is it easy to flip the shackles? Mine are facing the wrong way. Wanting to get them back correct way so it drops the rear slightly

Any info or step by step way to flip would be appreciated 

Sam

@j.e.d.

Hey man, can’t remember an exact process unless I wrote it in a post.. I used a short crowbar between the shackle mounts of the body and leaf spring and levered them back, just can’t remember if I needed to drop the nuts off the bottom of the shock to give more range of movement. It wasn’t a tricky process at all though, just gotta jack it high enough to give the crowbar room to rotate as you need good leverage. My crowbar is only 600-700mm long.

Hope that helps

• 10 months later...
On 11/06/2023 at 10:01, JanFrankBreezie said:

You fitted load hogs? If so - did you post description and fitment issues? Just found this post and looking at towing a classic caravan behind our '64 Mercury Monterey (Galaxie 500 running gear)20201007_225012.thumb.jpg.e62118b1dd9256b323069847ef19aebb.jpg

Check my thread (below).. I fitted load hogs and am really happy with how it tightened up the rear along with air shocks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Love those 63 Galaxies! Keep em rolling. I have similar, a 352, 2dr boxtop, 500 XL,  family heirloom, 335k miles and still running smooth and strong. Engine pic from last overhaul 18 years ago.

Watch out for that darn secondary hood latch. I painted mine striped but it doesn't help much to prevent the occasional ding on the scalp! 

image.thumb.jpeg.36188a9e1add8d19ecdab285c86a801f.jpeg

P1010290.JPG

P1010291.JPG

• Like 6

@j.e.d. Here's a few recent exterior pics of my 63 from over the last four months or so in the Seattle, Washington area. My dad bought it in 1967 and passed it on to me in 1999. Stock except for dual exhaust and aftermarket radio. Rain or shine it gets driven. Cruises smoothly at 70mph on the interstate. Guzzles at 14 mpg. Paint is original Ming Green metallic except for spot repairs years ago to lower rear quarters, sills and hood. Interior, not shown, is a bit shoddy and needs new front bucket seat covers (currently t-shirts wrapped around the seat backs, that sort of thing). Most recent work was the replacement of the cam bore plug on the back of the 352 FE engine after it had come out, got tangled up between the block, adapter plate and flywheel and punched out a chunk of the bell housing...

image.thumb.jpeg.b0c40d6d8d7c4b7c9ef650c4f40acfc7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.24e906117104acb1baf440317ba5e03e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c4c1bb630e6ad1570f71d38abd73d6e1.jpeg

• Like 4