Sign in to follow this  
The Bronze

The Bronze's - 1984 XE Ford Falcon Utility Vehicle

Finally sussed the shit that is tumblr so I can add some visual stimuli.

This was my hack job cut and weld, that sanded down smooth enough that I'm not even going to bog it. And it goes under a bit of trim, so it doesn't need it. Quite happy with that. Actually I will, but it was looking pretty close to acceptable.

tumblr_p94hb28ZMY1snjz6bo2_540.jpgtumblr_p94hb28ZMY1snjz6bo1_1280.jpg

And this is what happens when you start sanding without really thinking about the repercussions. Or even stripping it down. I needed to start fucking it up to get that Event Horizon thing going, where you go past the point of no return, and have to face the inevitability of stripping it right down. This weekend, major disassembly and moving everything around in the shed so this has accessibility for stripping, smoothing and painting. And my panelbeating mate is coming to smooth out the kinks I can't fathom.

tumblr_p94hb28ZMY1snjz6bo5_1280.jpg

Ordered up the first round of parts from Basis. Couple of things to get from KingCountry or whatever its called. Accidentally blew the budget already. Fucker.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

(Anyone who knows anything about painting is welcome to come kick the tyres in a fortnight or so and tell me what I've done wrong, or need to do to get it right)

So, can't decide what to do with the tray. When it's back together the floor is covered with ply, but should i sand the thing down and repaint too, or leave as is.  Can I just blow some sprayfiller over it and do a hack job.  It's a ute ffs, not a show car. My main thing is the sides and super-scrapped wheel arches looking tidy.

tumblr_phopnz9kb11r5yacw_500.jpg

tumblr_phopnxBmGV1r5yacw_500.jpg

tumblr_phopo1qKFL1r5yacw_500.jpg

• Like 1

tumblr_pkca3tca521tddt8oo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pkca3tca521tddt8oo3_1280.jpg

I bought a few hundred dollars worth of paint and thinners and shit.

I always wanted the bumpers to match the body.

So I'm painting it all.

• Like 4

Sanded and repeated. Halfway through the gun decided it didnt want to fan so swapped to my el cheapo and got it finished. 

Quite a mission. 

• Like 3